Thread: 930 Restoration Question

930 Restoration Question

A friend of mine is restoring a 1975 930 and asked me if I knew what color the cooling oil lines should be painted (or if they should be painted at all). I have no idea, so I'm resorting to the board in it's wisdom.

Here are a couple of pictures

Thanks for the help
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Henry

I think that it should be unpainted only the trombone cooler, the oil lines that run under the car should be black.
    Anyway, i suggest to change the trombone with a later serpentine (from an SC or 3.3), the turbocharged engine needs much more cooling than the aspirated ones. Over here is a common improvement on the 3.0 cars.

Is the car a Euro 75 one? if positive, can you Pm me the VIN? I'm trying to keep trace of all the ones that I find around.

Best,
    Andrea
    Andrea
    Early S registry #1082

Similar Threads

1. Seat restoration question
    By NorthernThrux in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-05-2023, 06:10 PM
  2. Restoration Question…1971 911T Targa
    By rliberty in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 9