Thread: FS: RH door glass winder built 11.71

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

FS: RH door glass winder built 11.71

Seems that a few folks have problems with this item in their car. I have a spare right hand side glass winder mechanism, very good condition, spring pivot not broken. How about $75,- plus shipping? Sorry for the louzy picture, LHS just sold.

Best regards,

Cees
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sold!

Thanks, Cees

yep lets hope it solves my problem thasnks cees
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

If for some reason it doesn't solve your problem then just return it and I refund you the money.

Rgds, Cees

make sure the glass is in the right location in its track, there's a dot in the glass that indicates its proper position.
    I solved this after trying 3 winders and none of them would work. It was the track that is attached to the bottom of the glass, somehow someone had replaced a broken glass, and incorrectly placed the glass about 3/4 inch out of position.
    good luck!
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

Quote Originally Posted by EARLY911ZOO View Post
    make sure the glass is in the right location in its track, there's a dot in the glass that indicates its proper position.
    I solved this after trying 3 winders and none of them would work. It was the track that is attached to the bottom of the glass, somehow someone had replaced a broken glass, and incorrectly placed the glass about 3/4 inch out of position.
    good luck!
    More info please, what dot, where and whats it supposed to line up with etc etc I'm afraid of what you describe lots of regulators and no fixey de problem!!!
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

the door glass itself sits in a steel track with a rubber seal holding it in the channel. If for example you break the door glass, you will buy another one (new or used) and it may come only as a pane of glass, no track. you will re-use yours. that glass must be in its correct position in order for everyting to glide easily and properly. the glass has at the bottom, a raised dot in the glass( factory glass) and the dot corresponds with a mark on the track so it may be positionned correctly. window will jam if not properly set, it will be very hard to roll up/down the window.
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

Quote Originally Posted by EARLY911ZOO View Post
    the door glass itself sits in a steel track with a rubber seal holding it in the channel. If for example you break the door glass, you will buy another one (new or used) and it may come only as a pane of glass, no track. you will re-use yours. that glass must be in its correct position in order for everyting to glide easily and properly. the glass has at the bottom, a raised dot in the glass( factory glass) and the dot corresponds with a mark on the track so it may be positionned correctly. window will jam if not properly set, it will be very hard to roll up/down the window.
    Ok I will check that out thanks
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6