Thread: What can you tell me about this car?

What can you tell me about this car?

I'll admit, I am new to Porsches so I apologize for asking questions. I am coming from VW/Audis/BMWs, so Porsches are something completely foreign to me. I am looking to sell my current car and buy a project car that will drive from A to B, but also allows me to sink countless hours of work and upgrading into the project.

Anyways, I found this picture the other day and fell in love. Can you tell me what year, model, and any other info you might see on this specific car.

I am working on getting more educated on old 911s, so give me time. Also, If you have any other quality pics of 911T's such as this one, they would be much appreciated.

It is somewhere between a 1969 and 1972 911 Targa. Looks like an operable vent window so I'd throw out there maybe an early '69?
    John Thompson

1966 912. My first car. Bought it Nov. 25, 1988. Still have it.

That is a '69 T. Look at the door handles. Hard to tell in this pic, but it looks like a long wheel base with flared fenders, no side markers and reflectors on the rear bumper would make it a '69, the small decos a T.

My money would be on a 1969 with an Ansa or Abarth exhaust and incorrect 16" fuchs.

Agree on 69 for same reasons
    Wheels are to big so just get 15's
    Dont modiy it!!! beautiful car
    911 S Targa 68 11850243
    911 S 69 #119300002 Ex Dr.F Porsche
    911 ST Replica 72
    59 VW Deluxe Microbus 23 Window
    58 Durkopp Diana Scooter

Quote Originally Posted by ST Man View Post
    Agree on 69 for same reasons
    Wheels are to big so just get 15's
    Dont modiy it!!! beautiful car
    Wheels are 16s. Pretty standard fare, really...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Actually, I think that they are 17's. Look how short the tires are. Looks cool...not my cup of tea, but not hateful
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

targa

another '69. with 15x7s on the rear.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Cornpanzer View Post
    Actually, I think that they are 17's.
    Nope. They're 16s.