Thread: 1968 911 t from Poland

1968 911 t from Poland

My son and I purchased our 68 t a couple years ago right here in Durango, came from Boulder CO and before that brought over from Poland by Marek Malak now Mark Malak
    ( Mark where are you ) it is not an s/t but here is a list of non stock add ons- all origanal
    RS alum. framed ducktail, RS front and rear bumpers (correct amber fiberglass) RS steel
    welded on front and rear flairs, and 7x15H2 ATS wheels (non cookie cutter) and a set of mangled mud flaps on the rear. When we started removing paint a rainbow of colors appeared - origanal color was 6807 sand beige then dark green, white, light yellow, saftey yellow, conda green, and its current color blue. Rally car? No COA as of yet.
    VIN #- 11820797 ENG #- 2081043 Tansmission is a 4 speed. I know it is a long shot
    but if there is anybody in the community who has any info on this car let us know.
    ? restore it as rally or origanal and sell all origanal RS stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

An interesting story. I would clean up the car as best as possible, and document everything along the way. I would set aside all the removable RS parts until you determine the history of the car. It is possible the car might have some race/rally history of value. I have the transmission # as 2080096 which is a 901/10 4-speed. That is the highest serial # of it's type in my list. Is it an aluminum case or magnesium case? Perhaps Grady Clay might know of the car.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Dave - the case is mag. one other thing to note is engine is on the stand being torn apart and i am at cam nut removal, got tools from sir tools and had them send me three diffreent cam nut sockets non fit, a fraction too small on the curved end jerry woods said all cams from race cams to stock cams are the same nut up to 1980 any thoughts

Restoration newbie.
    Get the engine number, red shroud means possibly S engine. A T with an S engine
    from the factory would be a rally/race car for sure.

Funny it has had all those resprays yet retains the foil stickers on the rear cross
    member, somebody took the time to preserve/replace them.

andy
    67S in pieces
    EarlyS: 1358
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not sure what your cam nut problem is, but if your socket is too big you may have race cams in there. The standard socket size is 46mm, but the race cams used a 41mm nut, and a finer thread pitch than the standard production cams.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

sorry - it not the crowsfoot for the cam nut that does not fit it is the socket that goes on the cam itself - the flat part of the socket is sized
    correctly but the radius is just a tad to small, any thoughts

How about a picture of the cam end and the socket you are using.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

I machined the socket to fit the cam nose everything came off nicely head appear to be stock 2.0 everything looks nice--- another ? for you experts the difference between an alum. case and a mag case 68 couuld go both ways Ive been told shiney vs dull any other way to tell - allhead studs were in secure and even across the top of the studs Thanks

Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

davep- thanks a bunch-- you get 10% off the retail price of the 68 t when it is finished - thanks durango flat 6