Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First style heat exchanger

First style heat exchanger

Hi,

I was told that the first 911 came with different heat exchanger in 1964/64. Does somebody have a foto of these very first heat exchanger?

Mark

Go to member list, do a search for "milou" find the "65 barnfind" post and go to #7. Pictures of these exchangers are very rare, this was probably the first recall for Porsche, and they did a good job of getting them off cars and destroyed. That was one of the first jobs I did on a 911.They felt there was a danger of cracked welds leading to C/O poisoning. (if I knew how to transfer a picture from post to post I'd do it!!)
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Got ya covered Ed;
    -Andrew
    '72 911E
    '82 931, '92 968, '93 968
    S Reg #1074

Cool, Thanks, can ya do it with your eyes closed????
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thanks for info and the foto. I've never see these before.

You can see them in the factory manuals too, like the owners manual and probably the workshop manual.

Richard

That rust hole in the muffler will buff out.....

How is Milou doing with that resto anyways, I remember the pics of it being dragged out of it's lair a year or two back...

1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Owners manual is a good idea. I've found them on page 53. Thanks.

I'm trying to finish the 1968 911S project and the 912 before I move onto the 1965 one!

Not sure what can be saved of these heat exchangers (!). From the serial number 492, I think the car was built in January 1965, so these heat exchangers were not used only for the 1964 cars but probably well into 1965 .

Not sure why this car escaped the recall, but clearly they are rare enough to be saved somehow.....

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com