Thread: FS: Early Recaro Seats Like Porsche 911 RS RSR

FS: Early Recaro Seats Like Porsche 911 RS RSR

Early Recaro seats similar to that found in a 1973 Porsche 911RS

Pictures are located here: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...be61bb9687ed8e

Mine have a more modern adjuster mechanism in lieu of the turnbuckle adjuster of the RS. No brackets.

Vinyl is in great shape. Very supple, no cracking. These look like they have been stored indoors a long time, which is great for preserving the original vinyl. However, they were stored such the headrest of one was sitting on the bottom cushion of the other and vice versa (yin-yang style). This created a depression in the bottom seat cushion of both. The vinyl was not affected. The only vinyl blemish is a 0.25"-0.375" puncture on the RH side of one seat. Check out the pictures and please do not hesitate to ask questions.

calling seat police! any thoughts?

a couple of questions RDB. what does each weigh? can you post a pic of the bottoms? what is the measurement between the side bolsters, where the rear and seat pad meet?

( I'm not saying my ass is big, just that some recaros are really, really, small )

Quote Originally Posted by haycait911 View Post
    ( I'm not saying my ass is big, just that some recaros are really, really, small )
    LOL! Instead of woman asking if their asses look fat in these jeans, guys ask does my ass look fat in this Recaro?
    Last edited by bob tilton; 03-14-2011 at 10:22 PM.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

haycait911,

Here are some photos of the seat bottoms. The width measurement varies between 10.75" to 13" where the seat bottom meets the back because of tapered bolsters. However, this is misleading since the cushion on the sides will compress, providing extra width. My hips are approximately 15" and these seat fit me fine. I would say that they are no different than a modern fiberglass sparco or recaro bucket race seat.

Seats weigh 25 lbs each.

I am in Seattle if you want to see them in person.
    Hope this helps,
    Rusty
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RDB; 03-16-2011 at 04:24 PM.

more pictures...

The adjustment bracket does looks like it came from a later recaro, but I do not think it is. The later recaros that I am familiar with attach with more than two bolts. The ones shown in the picture are attached with only two bolts similar to the turnbuckle style adjustment that is more common on the 911's. I do have a complete mounting bracket(for a 911) with slider for one seat, but not the other. The second seat only has the portion of the slider that is mounted to the seat bottom. These additional pictures of the seat bottom show the this portion of the slider. I will include the mounting bracket that I do have.
    Attached Images Attached Images

They look like original Recaro race buckets from ~ '72/'73 - vinyl & white plastic rivets appear correct.

Recaro badge suggests aftermarket fitment or Dealer-supplied rather than Factory-fitted.

I would say that the current rake adjusters were added later - would be easy enough to replace with the alloy 'thumbscrew' adjusters like this:

Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

I do have the same seat like this (with the adjusters), so it is original Recaro. But I do not know when (and why) the adjusters were changed.
    Thanks Yeti

Quote Originally Posted by yeti View Post
    I do have the same seat like this (with the adjusters), so it is original Recaro. But I do not know when (and why) the adjusters were changed.
    Yeti is correct, I also owned a similar recaro bucket seat with these adjusters. Definately Recaro though....
    - twinplugged - 1975 targa former Dutch police car

Seats have been sold. Thanks for looking and providing your input.

RDB