Thread: BP green color on the 911R

BP green color on the 911R

Hi,

I would like to know what green is used on the BP 911R car.
    I don't need it 100% accurate, some something very close.

Can someone help? I tried the search function, but I wasn't able to find anything.

A picture is attached of the car.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Conda Green might be close. Did you try here? http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...Porsche-Greens
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Thanks Max and raj.
    I'll look into Patone 348C

I have had contact with BP on this topic when I needed the color for my project R. BP has changed the color of green over the years. Their PR department came back with RAL 6029, which was the correct period color. If I remember correctly, this is indeed a little darker than 348C. A test is the best way to find out.

Dick
    '67 911R recreation
    '73 Heuer RSR project
    '76 3.0L Turbo Martini
    '92 964RS
    '07 997GT3RS

R Gruppe #579

It appears that the original car had red stripes ...

Hi Raj - I think this photo appeared on the Rgruppe forum some time ago. I have asked myself the same question for some time - if the red stripes are for real (and that could be logical, with Swiss drivers, the red and white represents the CH flag), how come the article in Excellence mentions that they found green stripes when restoring the car?

Please find attached a photo from the other side to resolve your other mystery

Regards - Dick
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    '67 911R recreation
    '73 Heuer RSR project
    '76 3.0L Turbo Martini
    '92 964RS
    '07 997GT3RS

R Gruppe #579

It looks as if the BP stickers are torn. It probably started with 2 on each side. Interesting about the red stripes...

Don

Here is the origin of the color photo:

http://gmundbrokerage.blogspot.com/2...-11899001.html

It also seems it had another BP sticker on its roof:

It had a Firestone sticker on the hood that must have been torn during the race:

Last edited by Milou; 03-27-2011 at 09:01 AM.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com