Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking For Formula Atlantic Cars

The 75B search has gotten very, very interesting. Stay tuned.....

The 78B-4 chassis has been found and is owned by the poster above, Stu Hanssen. I have spoken with him at length and it is chassis #4 which Cliff owned and raced in the 1978 season. If you were at Long Beach, Lime Rock, Trois Rivieres, ect in 1978, that was the car you saw. Glad to see it is going to a good owner and still in the "Hansen" family so to speak. He is targeting the completion date for the Historic Formula Atlantic race at Laguna Seca in August.

Pretty cool...

So we are zeroing in on the 75B chassis (I think). Still looking for 76B-2 last owned by Lee Follansbee (of SoCal 356 fame?) and then Mike Olsen (from ??) in the mid 80's. The 77B-28 trail goes cold after one owner, John Bauer Racing in SLO
    in the late 70's.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Just kind of stumbled on this tread. I'd like to hear the info on your uncles 75b considering I was the 3rd owner of the car. I bought the car from Mike Downs and ran a couple of seasons of club racing before I sold it.

Trajo, holy crap am I glad to hear from you! I have been searching high and low for Trajo1 after you posted on Marc Sproule's Flickr account that you bought the car from Mike. My email address is scott7515 at hotmail dot com. I sent you a private message with my cell number. Looking forward to talking. We are still trying to locate/confirm Cliff's chassis, so your help would be a godsend.

Here is a two page article about the "new" March 76B which incorporates some significant changes from the 75B chassis. Cliff still owned his 75B when his new 76B arrived at his shop. Pete Halsmer wanted to do an article highlighting those changes and he featured Cliff's cars. Thought you might find this interesting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by t6dpilot; 02-13-2012 at 09:37 AM.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

1976 Press release (Jan 1st) announcing the new March 76B chassis. Doug Shierson told Cliff that the car in the left photo here was his. Supposedly DSR got one of the earliest chassis - #2. The article above was dated two months later (March).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Finally spoke to Trajo briefly and learned more about the car during his ownership. He does know who he sold the car to, as well as, the owner after him also. Both SoCal boys I am sure. Can you Cali guys take a look at these names to see if they ring a bell with anyone?

Dante Heredia

Marc Biro

Dante owned the car in 80-81. Marc owned the car 81-? Trajo had heard that he owned it all the way into the early 90's. Not sure if that is true. I have already been in contact with Marc Bahner and am waiting on his response. Hopefully I can locate Biro.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Great detective work, and some pretty good luck so far Paul.........
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Still Looking for Fomula Atlantic Cars?

https://www.hmsausa.com/classifieds/ads.html

1975 March 75B
    Formula Atlantic chassis#753-38 / 1975 f3 tub converted to FA spec. Complete mechanical restoration finished in June 2012 includes: Fresh Ivey Cosworth BDD 1600 w/4 weekends of use. (dyno and build sheet available) Fastest Atlantic at Portland Historics and top 3 finisher @ 2012 Monterey Historics. Photos and details available on request. Contact: Mark Jaremko mjaremko@jaremko.com Spokane,Wa. USA. $69,500.

March 78B
    The March is the Ex Cliff Hansen 78B that has a new Bahner tub and complete resto. has 4 bolt head ex Hiro Matsushita pro motor dyno at 230 HP will sell for $67,500 OBO Stu Hanssen Hanssen73@aol.com
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

member #1515
    Formula Atlantic was never a class in Mexico. They did have a couple of races for the US contingent. That said one could be hidden away in somebody's garage. I almost got to run with Shierson in 75 but my Tequila Cuervo sponsorship fell through. Classic racing story. Doug must have had 5 guys or more waiting for sponsorship for that ride.
    You might want to try and find Dan Marvin who ran FA around then and now prepares classic race cars and races them.
    On a sad note I just heard that David Loring died, one of the really greats from that era who never got the break he deserved. He was also a really fine guy.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Thumbs up

I do like that 75B Lars.......
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter