Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metro NY PCA Second Annual Westchester Spring Fling

Metro NY PCA Second Annual Westchester Spring Fling

Metro Members and Guests:

April 2, 2011
    We’re only about week away from the Spring Fling and Collector’s Car Garage is readying itself for the big event. To wet your appetite about a Saturday to remember, check out two videos from last year’s event. The links for the two clips are http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W35EdeneGTY and http://vimeo.com/10841670 At last count we have almost 300 registered members and guests, being brought by 200 cars and more than 75 cars participating in the People’s Choi ce Award along with a 356 corral and a 1976 and earlier corral. PCA members are coming from as far away as Sag Harbor, NY. Remember, if you haven’t paid by the deadline, your name will be dropped from the guest list and you will not be admitted into the event.

The day’s festivities are expected to begin promptly at 10 am, so please plan on arriving at CCG early (see below for important information) – especially if you are participating in the People’s Choice Award or the corral. When you arrive at CCG, a staff member will direct you to parking. Like last year, registration will be in the lobby of the facility and will open sharply at 9 am. It looks like it will be a fantastically beautiful day, so the earlier you arrive the more time you will have to view the cars on display.

Just so you don’t think that you will be leaving the day empty-handed, in addition to event materials and handouts, Pepe Porsche will be supplying gift bags to each of the registered participant and prizes run the gambit from free Metro PCA event passes and clothing to special door prizes from Griots, Rennline, Monticello Motor Club, Stable Energies and Automobile Atlanta. Our sponsors have been more than gracious this year and we will be giving away free a track day for both novice and advanced drivers at Monticello. This will be an event not to be missed.

Now for some very important housekeeping matters:

Local Police and New York State Troopers

The local municipal Police Departments and New York State Trooper Police Barracks have been informed of our event and have been asked to cooperate with our Porsche drivers. PLEASE WATCH YOUR SPEED. The old adage is that “bulls make money, bears make money and pigs get slaughtered” - don’t be a pig with your speed! There were tickets issued last year and we don’t want to see this repeated.

What time do we start?

Due to the large number of people attending, registration will begin promptly at 9 am. The event will commence at 10 am. Please plan on bringing a copy of your event registration form to the event. It will greatly speed up the parking process.

Parking, carpooling and mass transit:

On site parking opens at 8am and is very limited due to the number of People’s Choice and corral registrants. We are expecting approximately 75 vehicles on display with two race cars from Monticello Motor Club and numerous new Porsches for test drives. Parking will be available either on street (with all four wheels off the pavement) or down the street at Bedford Town Municipal Lots 4, 7 and 8. Shuttle bus service will be available to and from the lots beginning at 8 am and concluding at 3 pm. Unless your car is registered for the People’s Choice or corral, please use the Municipal Lots. You may also wish to consider carpooling. It’s good for the environment and it limits the need for offsite parking. If you are in the City and wish to take mass transit, we will supply shuttle service from the Bedford Hills train station. If you arrive before the on site lot opens, please wait at the Municipal Lots as the local police have promised to ticket cars standing on Railroad Ave.

What about guests?

You must have pre-registered for a guest. We have your registration and will check, so no sneaking around. No one under the age of 12 will be admitted for safety and security reasons. And no, you cannot leave your kid or dog in the car.

Bathroom facilities:

There are four bathroom facilities (2 men, 2 women). If you plan on coffee with your morning drive, you may want to consider a rest stop before you reach the event. Given the number of participants, there will be a line to use the facilities.

Do I need to bring cash?

Cash is always a good thing to have. Leaving aside your EZ Pass not working, we will have a coffee truck on premises, Metro Mart, Collectors Car Garage and Porsche Boutique merchandise available for sale. Support your club and bring home something to remember from the day. While at the event, please consider making a contribution to Metro’s 2011 Charity - Sean Kimerling Testicular Cancer Foundation. We will also be selling additional raffle tickets for door prizes - $5 for 1 and $10 for 3. Support your Club!

Directions:

The Collector’s Car Garage is conveniently located between Interstate 684 and the Saw Mill River Parkway on Railroad Avenue in Bedford Hills. Directions can be obtained either from Google or CCG’s website at Collector's Car Garage.

Dress and Attire:

This is a Saturday spring time event and the key word is casual. HOWEVER, we will be walking around very expensive and rare vehicles and your best concours d’ elegance safety brain needs to be in full gear. Please watch your zippers, loose clothing, belt buckles and jewelry. How would you feel if your prized vehicle was scratched by someone’s jacket zipper? Remember, cotton is always safe.

Food and Beverage;

Le Jardin Du Roi of Chappaqua, New York will again be graciously supplying lunchtime light snack foods and beverages during the event. A Coffee/Hot Dog Truck will be on site for your dining pleasure from early morning through the end of the event, so bring cash – no credit cards for hot dogs!

We are all looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday. If you have any additional or specific questions relating to the event, as always please feel free to contact me at METROPROGRAM@GMAIL.COM

This email was sent to My Region Members by Jeff Goldberg and the National Porsche Club of America, Inc. You may opt-out of receiving emails from PCA National by updating your PCA membership record at our web site. Read the PCA privacy policy.
    © Copyright 2011 Porsche Club of America Inc. All rights reserved.
    Last edited by Macroni; 03-25-2011 at 08:56 AM.
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

So Luke, are you driving up for this? Eric has been making noises about going. I signed up for it in January, but wasn't sure if I was going to make it. I'm leaning towards going just to get out of the house after this horrible winter (supposed to get another 2-5" tonight, dammit).
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

I'll be there, too. There is talk of a drive-about in the area after.
    356 Reg #16227
    Early S Reg #700
    R Gruppe #340

Looks like a fun event that I am trying to get on my dance card...

I will be there, Lewis as well. Some nice roads nearby...
    Eric W.
    72 911T euro 3.2 T-Rally tribute
    73 CS30 original survivor
    56 Healey 100M
    70 Giulia 1300Ti 2liter
    Tour Auto 04/05
    Colorado Grand 03/04/05/07/08/11/17/18
    RG # 650

Quote Originally Posted by climbernyc View Post
    I will be there, Lewis as well. Some nice roads nearby...
    My S should be done............... now all I need is permission!

My car is in the shop, so I can't make it. Have fun!
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Sadly, not going to make it. Have to be in San Diego Friday and don't get back until 4:00 Saturday. AARGH!

[/U]
    356 Reg #16227
    Early S Reg #700
    R Gruppe #340

Is the Spring Fling on Rain/Snow or shine ?

Yes, rain or shine
    Eric W.
    72 911T euro 3.2 T-Rally tribute
    73 CS30 original survivor
    56 Healey 100M
    70 Giulia 1300Ti 2liter
    Tour Auto 04/05
    Colorado Grand 03/04/05/07/08/11/17/18
    RG # 650