Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porsche Moll, Interstate batteries, 1969-1973

Porsche Moll, Interstate batteries, 1969-1973

Needing a charge,

I learn something new every day. After purchasing a German MOLL Porsche brand battery for around $100 (email if you want to know where) I learned from Jim at EASY there is an Interstate Porsche battery, special for Porsche, called U911. Similar price and the Interstate even comes with the covers over the positive terminal. For the Porsche brand (MOLL) battery, I had to order them separately. They are shown below.

There is also an Interstate SP22NF which I've seen referenced. It would seem a poor choice compared to the U911. It has not provision for a (needed) + terminal cover. It is cheaper however. Here is the SP22NF link
    http://www.interstatebatteries.com/c...ement++battery

If you want an admittedly old technology lead acid but "correct" fit battery, these fit the bill. Thanks.

-Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 03-29-2011 at 08:30 PM.

member #1515
    Great source although the only way I'd put one of those in my car is dry. Too much work keeping the trunk acid free.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

I don't necessarily disagree. In the past I've used an Odyssey on its side with the terminals pointed toward the spare (you can specify terminal polarity) on the passenger side. There is something about the look, though of the stock set up it looks, well....stock. Thanks.

-Allen-

Porsche Moll, Interstate batteries, 1969-1973

How about this subterfuge Allen, Sonnenscheins, that suddenly look like vintage Vartas.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    How about this subterfuge Allen, Sonnenscheins, that suddenly look like vintage Vartas.
    Ed,

Ha. Good ones! Well the Varta has the cover, I don't see it Sonnenscheins, but they do look nice. Is that Bahama Yellow? Regardless (maybe Speed Yellow) that part of the car and I imagine the rest really looks nice! I really like it! Thanks.

-Allen-

Ed, looks great painted black but where'd you get the Varta decal?
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

a guy on the 356 registry has / had them. He is on this list too, 718RSK

RIchard

Tell me about Varta, when and where? Thanks.

-Allen-

Here's the link for the Samba ad. It's not a decal, but actually a molded part that is glued on so it stands in relief just like an embossed battery case. The rest is just a Sonnenschein battery painted black. The color is signal yellow, even won my class at the Parade concour last year.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie....php?id=945861

VARTA DECALS
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

How it looked 40 years ago

More or less but w/o the red and green dots (wonder if they actually help?)

For clarity: this is a sequence and the third shot is a thick rubber insulator which goes over the + terminal. Then a hard plastic cover is shown over the rubber insulator. The last shot is the battery installed including the somewhat pitted 40+ year old strap over the top of the battery. Thanks.

-Allen-
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 04-05-2011 at 07:51 PM.