Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May Porsha Coffee Meet

May Porsha Coffee Meet

As soon as you expelled that caffeine from your system, we have another opportunity:

We just had a coffee meet last week. The next one will be scheduled sooner than normal due to an upcoming event.

On Sunday, May 1, SGVR-PCA is presenting a Zone 8 Concours.

The 2010 event was at the Pasadena City Hall town square. This year, the venue is the world-famous Art Center College of Design in Pasadena. Through our fellow coffee sipper-contact and zone prez, John Barrone, VP Robert Friedman has invited us to park adjacent to their concours display area on the Art Center grounds. This is a nice location to spill coffee and bagel crumbs.

We'll meet at the usual Starbucks at 7am, then drive over to Art Center via the winding roads about 10 minutes away.

Hope to see everyone. Feel free to invite other Porsha owners.

Starbucks google map:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/5/75741/...Starbucks.html

Will provide more follow up details as the event approaches.

PM me if you want add'l coffee meet details.

Sherwood

bump for the week

SGV Concours, Sunday, 01-May

(I think that this thread could use a more descriptive title . . . I just took down a thread on this same event.)

Anyway ---- got this e-mail yesterday . . .

Hello Everyone,
    We have our San Gabriel Valley Region Concours d' Elegance coming up May 1st (this weekend). Please pass the information along to your members, we need more entries.

This is going to be a very special event at a truly unique location. It's being held on the main grass area of the Art Center College of Design. As I'm sure you are all aware Art Center is the hub for car design.
    Tours of the facility and design studios will be offered during the day, as well the Museum will be open.
    Don't miss out on this great Concours. Word has it that the weather will be great!!

Thank you for your help.

Robert H. Friedman, President,
    San Gabriel Valley Region PCA
    226 Bridge Street
    San Gabriel, CA 91775
    (626) 484-5251 Cell Phone
    email: robert@friedmanarchitects.com

Our weather here in SoCal has been exceptional the last few days --- Sunday should be more of the same.

Short notice, I know, but . . . good opportunity for We the Afflicted to mount an assault, maybe stack the venue with some Early 911s? $25 for wash-&-shine. And Art Center'll be open for tours.

Venue address is:
    1700 Lida Street
    Pasadena, CA 91103

I'm going. Taking the car. Bringing My Girlie. Packing a camera. Post pics after.

Rick Kreiskott
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by LongRanger; 04-28-2011 at 10:02 AM.

We Can Be Heroes

Yup. That's where we're heading. Thanks for the add'l event info.

Sherwood

i confused is it may 1 or may 11

Porsha Coffee is this Sunday, May 1. According to my sources, the concours event is May 1.

S

Quote Originally Posted by cmacar View Post
    i confused is it may 1 or may 11
    Sorry 'bout that. The correct date was in the text of the message . . . but my title was wrong.

Post corrected. (Blush)

Rick Kreiskott

We Can Be Heroes

That's okay. Consider the correction an AM "bump".

See everyone there.

S

SGV Concours, Sunday, 01-May

Fun little show. Maybe 40 cars?

Got there a little after 8:00 AM. Art Center is located in a quiet, hilly, out-of-the-way corner of Pasadena. I remember going there on a tour, back in High School, mid-70s. Anyway, Spring was springing. Lovely day. Warm, but everything green, very quiet. Had a hard time finding he place, too -- pretty much from the get-go. Had directions from Google maps, but came from the backside, from Simi --- so not familiar with that part of the county. Came up on my off-ramp right as merging traffic was. well merging. Locked-up my rears getting over. (Yikes.) Passenger? Undisturbed.

No signage, any where. Found the campus alright, then, did a quick loop of the (small) lot, saw an umbrella, then . . . . ta-dah.

Came down the hill, saw a whole bunch of 911s --- but not really there long.

Too bad.

Rick Kreiskott

We Can Be Heroes

More SGV . . .

This is it for the car pics.

Good mix of cars. 356s (including a killer Speedster in dark red), 911s and 12s, 993s, 996s (including a GT3 --- my next car . . . just not yellow), and 997s. No 964s.

But. Somebody trucked-in a pearl gray 928 . . . . for Wash-&-Shine.

Yikes.

New Panamera, V6, two-by, goes for . . . . $90k.

Double yikes.

New 997.2 GTS Cabrio makes . . . . 408 HP. Don't know the price. (I's still a little cross-eyed from seeing that Panamera sticker.)

Asked a Respectable-looking PCA-type Guy about the rumored 500HP 4-liter GT3-run-out model.

No Comment.

Rick Kreiskott

We Can Be Heroes