Thread: '66 911 Sunroof Coupe Project Car - What's it worth

'66 911 Sunroof Coupe Project Car - What's it worth

Ok, I understand this is a loaded question and many factors fall into play when considering the potential worth, but I am just looking for a general idea and/or guess-tamation. The car is a red on black '66 911 sunroof coupe. The car is a complete project and would require a full restoration. The car has rust in the rockers, dog-legs, rear driver tail-light housing and frt horse shoe. For the most part, the floor is decent, doors are soild, hood is straight, glass is good, cowling is rust free and the body from the frt fenders back is straight with no damage (excluding driver door). Both frt fenders have been damaged along with the driver door. Although the car has been particially disassembled, all the parts have been accounted for. At the moment the motor is a 2.2Liter, but the original motor is available to make it a numbers matching car. The FUCHs are in good shape (no curb rash), yet need refinished. As I mentioned, it is a complete restoration project with a fair amount of rust and panel repair. However, it is a '66 sunroof coupe that is worth saving.

So, any ballpark ideas of what this car is worth as it sits? I have a lot more pictures.

Name:  DSC00881.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  103.0 KBName:  DSC00867.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  77.8 KBName:  DSC00848.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  131.8 KBName:  DSC00861.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  86.2 KBName:  DSC00896.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  99.1 KB

Thanks
    Tom

Factory sunroof or dealer-installed? (Is there a zipper at the back edge of the headliner?) How is the area under the rear suspension attach points? Interior? (Pictures of these areas, perhaps?) How much will it cost to buy the original engine? What size are the Fuchs? Do you have a COA? If so, which options are listed?

I am a late 911 guy and not very educated on the early cars. As for a factory sunroof - there is a zipper at the back edge of the headliner if that means something (dealer installed?). The areas under the rear suspension on the driver side are rotted out - the passenger side looks to be solid. The majority of the rot is on the driver side of the car (i.e., rockers, rear suspension, rear tail light bucket). The interior looks to be decent, just very tired as the car has sat for at least 15-years. The doors close very nice and the gaps are good. The original motor (case) would come with the car at no cost. The FUCHs are 14x5.5. I do not have the COA in hand, thus I do no know the options listed.
    Name:  DSC00885.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  89.1 KBName:  DSC00878.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  144.7 KBName:  DSC00847.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  149.9 KBName:  DSC00849.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  135.9 KBName:  DSC00837.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  139.0 KB

There were a good number of factory sunroof cars built at that time. Does yours have the pop-up air deflector or the drain hole in the roof gutter?
    See photo (page 4, post #32) in this thread:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...Sun-Roof-Coupe
    What is the paint code from the badge on the drivers door hinge post?
    Last edited by davep; 04-21-2011 at 07:03 AM.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Drain holes in the rain gutters.

As it sits, about $10K...

My .02
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

It's a fall 65 car.

Richard