Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking for Dad's 911 (cool picture too)

Well, I still haven't found the car. But I did find my toy 911 that my dad painted to match his car back when he owned it.

Name:  IMG_2691.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  62.1 KB

Keep looking.
    I found my dad's car he bought new in 69.
    I looked for about 30 years.
    And now my brother has the car.

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

Slight update. I found the woman who sold the car to my dad! It won't help me find the car. But it was great to talk to her. She was a bit of a hippie/rebel (her own words), actually touring through Europe, went to the factory and "some man" walked her around the factory. She was then shown a number of cars for sale. This one was there. She bought it because she liked the seats! It was a used car at that point.

The bummer about the car is that it is a 1966 VIN of course, but with the 911S badge on the back. At some point, someone probably figured out it was not an S and was pissed they overpaid - then the car was abused and perhaps now lost. But, I'll still hope it's sitting in someone's garage, and I can still find it. Of course if I find it as a shell, there's still hope for it to become a race car .....

I think I asked before. Anyone have connections with someone in the Illinois DMV or police who might search to see if the VIN is active there?

Jay, can you give more detail on the spark plug holder?
    have you ever seen another one...like a photo of it on the web?
    scott

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

well looks like the car is currently registered. For 4.95 you can get the information, and then hire a title clerk in the state where it is registered to get the owners information address and phone number. I tracked down my original 84 cab to california and then contacted the current owner and sent him the original window sticker

Dr914, why do you say it looks like it is currently registered? In what state?

Scott A, it's been a very long time. My recollection is that it was a chrome box that was screwed to the left side of the engine compartment. I think I saw it in an old Performance Parts or Vilhelm Haas catalog too. Like this, but for 6 and steel, not aluminum.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jay Laifman; 12-20-2022 at 09:11 AM.

So close!!! VIN (304672 instead of 304670), engine number and transmission, just a couple #s higher, also Kelly Green, found in midwest, extra gauges on the dash.

But then I guess I'm kind of glad. It's such a disaster. https://petesclassiccars.com/1966-porsche-911-project/

I mean so cool to possibly find it. So sad to see it in this type of condition. Encouraged that it could be restored, and purchased now, but at a price that would definitely need someone who emotionally wants to overspend. Fortunately, I guess, it's not his car.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jay Laifman; 02-12-2023 at 07:32 AM.