Thread: Hershey 2011

Hershey 2011

my first hershey

it was rain soaked

$55,000 asking price, mostly original sepia paint on this 73 T, MFI

not my car. a 70 or 71E

this one's for Luke

964 well represented. first vision upon parking

scot's cayenne and my C2-Tip(which was to give me a surprise on the drive home)*

stovetop gray or primer on the wheels, a 3.3 turbo

nice R-Gruppe look on this Vermonter

Help ma they're gunna wash my car

I heard you were there.....it was probably 11am before I finally broke down and texted Girt that I was at his car....hooked up with girt and Scot....Eric and I negotiated some great deals for some group buys, and a good time was had....Eric and I bee-lined to the pasta factory around 1pm, to pick up the '72 hotrod that had been dropped off last night....it needs a serious detailing before being put up for sale....but the ride home was great, with Eric chasing me in my own 340hp '05 BMW, the '72 is pure bliss....

the rain stopped around 10am, it actually was a nice day, and with the rain in the morning, there were some great deals.

Lewis
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

cool that you guys made the trip. i had some unbargained for experience in my car going home.

Help ma they're gunna wash my car

I purchased that 68 912 in your first photo! And scored some really good rare parts.

Fish man, you stole that car....drive it and enjoy....

Reza, what happened on the way home?
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

We should all learn from Bud (or at least me). Bud has had his car for a relatively short time but he is enjoying the hell out of it!

PS - Pretty cool...just noted I've gone over 5,000 posts!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

So glad you guys did well. It rained up north here all dam day. I chickened out figured this way my wallet wont get hurt! Jim f
    73 RS HotRod Replica
    90/93 Ruf BTR C-4[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    R Gruppe #373
    Early S Reg. # 1630

I agree, it was priced well, well under the market even for a project.

Quote Originally Posted by sonett43 View Post
    Fish man, you stole that car....drive it and enjoy....

Reza, what happened on the way home?

Quote Originally Posted by Withers View Post
    The totality of my 2011 Hershey experience was a day spent watching no less than a dozen groupies come up to Girt, in awe of his cross country adventure: "Are you Girt? Man,was that a cool trip ...." etc., etc.

The sweet Albert Blue 70 E pictured above belongs to Bud, who drove up from KY for the swap - I know because he sought out the famous Girt as well.

Spending the day at Hershey with neuvo Porsche royalty ain't bad.
    Thanks for the compliments on the car.
    Did get to meet Grit and many others at my first swap. Had a ball, even in the rain!
    The best part was actually the drive up and back. These cars are f'en amazing and seem to be made for the 1400+ mile, round trip mountian run.
    I'm ready to get back on the road again as soon as the car dries out a bit.

Thanks to all who stayed home, I won the trophy for longest distance traveled. Tony says I may need to change my medication!

Not to brag, but also got a trophy for 2nd place in my division! Just thought the $10 entry fee would let me park a little closer, what a suprise, way cool, and thanks for the votes!

Bud
    70E Albert Blue
    Member #1906

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    We should all learn from Bud (or at least me). Bud has had his car for a relatively short time but he is enjoying the hell out of it!

PS - Pretty cool...just noted I've gone over 5,000 posts!
    Nothing I can teach you guys Peter, but I am enjoying this ride. Had a great trip, met some great people, and drove through some gorgeous mountainous country in WV and VA.
    After a stop here at Greenbrier Resort in WV for a glamour shot, I took the old 2 lane (Route 60) for about 100 miles or so to Charleston WV. Freekin mountain roads like you can't believe! What a hoot!
    (Picture a big guy in a little car lettin out a couple WA-HOOOS goin a hun!)

Bud

Name:  DSC00773.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  91.9 KB
    70E Albert Blue
    Member #1906