Thread: Carrera Registry?

Carrera Registry?

I n surfing this morning I discovered that one oif my old haunts is no longer available. That is the Carrera Registry, http://www.carrerarsregistry.com/ . That is too bad because it had some very worthwhile information including serial numbers of IROC and IMSA cars. Does anyone have a new address for the site, or know if this information is available elsewhere on the web?

thanks

johnt

Doesn't surprise me. Owners of RS/RSR's etc.. have never apparently been that keen to post their pride & joy(s) on the net for all to see. I can see their possible reason(s) ...I kinda doubt I would want to give any clues to the general cyber world as to where my RSR or RS is located!!
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

I didn't know the site existed.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    I n surfing this morning I discovered that one oif my old haunts is no longer available. That is the Carrera Registry, http://www.carrerarsregistry.com/ . That is too bad because it had some very worthwhile information including serial numbers of IROC and IMSA cars. Does anyone have a new address for the site, or know if this information is available elsewhere on the web?

thanks

johnt
    Mike

Don (Rennman) was maintaining that website for quite some time and asked me if I wanted to take it over several years ago. Unfortunately I didn't follow through with that so the website now is gone.

I wish, in hindsight, I would have taken it over and kept it going.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Here is another Carrera RS registry site that is still being maintained AFAK.

http://www.my911carrerars.com/register/
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Sigh.

When I was the Car Czar for CSRG I used the site heavily. Not for owners addresses etc. but simply for the chassis numbers. I was a great way to keep track of real vs "tribute" cars. Even though these cars were outside the eligibility limits for CSRG at the time, I kept track of cars that we might be interested in accepting in the future. I have a similar list of real BB 512 LM Boxers and which had long noses and or long tails for example. I guess it's my own fault for presuming a site as good as that one would remain in perpetuity.

thanks

johnt