Thread: Can you recommend a torque wrench for wheels?

Can you recommend a torque wrench for wheels?

I'd be interested in advice regarding buying a torque wrench. I drive my 911 to autocross and track events on street tires, then change the wheels at the location, to get track tires on. Any recommendation on a torque wrench for this, and what the correct torque is?
    thanks
    Dave

96 foot pounds or 130nm
    Might as well buy a good torque wrench that wont lose calibration if you leave it set
    I recommend the Stahlwille Manoskop 730N
    http://www.samstagsales.com/images/sw730n.jpg
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

I do the same wheel swapping and now have a routine in going over all wheels with the torque wrench before every race/practice session. Good habit to get into.
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

I've got a snap on torque wrench I like, and a craftsman that stays in my mobile tool kit, both calibrate well to what tech inspectors use.

I've seen sockets with torque settings built in, but they are all set too low, not sure if a calibration shop can raise their setting up from 75 to 95 ft/lbs.

http://www.schwabentools.com/our-pro...que-socket-set

Lewis
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

I also have a Snap-on, older analog (click style), bought at a pawn shop for $35 w/ case, great, dependable, consistent return of set values. As discussed, typical DE tech set at 94 - 96 ft-lb for lugs.
    I do recheck after DE tech if torque reset by the tech line to assure consistent set (since tech volunteers are using an array of wrenches to 'check torque'.
    Cheers -
    Hank
    Early S Registry # 1687