Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 73 carrera rs seatbelt and tags

73 carrera rs seatbelt and tags

Hi:

Can anyone please post a photo of the oem seatbelts for a 73 carrera rs (Italian market car) and the identification tags that are sewn to them?. I am trying to obtain a pair and do not know exactly what I need.

Thank you for the help!

John
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

Hi John,
    I'm not sure if your car would have had fixed or retractable belts originally in that market, but in case you didn't know this Rob Gross makes very nice silk repro seatbelt labels in case you need those for a set of belts.

Checkout this thread.
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ighlight=Label
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Hi John,

We have an Italian delivered RS in storage at the moment and will take a look the next time I am there

Alan

HI John,
    if the car doesn't have seatbelts as an original option, it wouldn't have them originally, in Italy it became mandatory to have them many years later. I would assume that you would fine some later spec seatbelt.
    The original Repa should be like these (the belt material is the same, for both fixed and retractable)
    Name:  IMG_0231.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  88.5 KB

re the tag, the reproduction is well done, but the material is stamped on is less silky than the original

Name:  IMG_0234_1.JPG
Views: 511
Size:  77.1 KB

Andrea
    Andrea
    Early S registry #1082

Thanks Alan, Brian and my friend Andrea for the help. I already purchased a set of the "Gross" tags, but after seeing Alan's post, I need to find a pair of retractable belts that have the stitching that runs in the middle of each belt. My current retractable belts are just plain black and I suspect they came from a late 70's or early 80's 911. So, the search is on! If anyone knows where or how I can locate a good set, I would greatly appreciate it. I believe the car came with the lap belts posted by Andrea, but I would rather the retractable belts at this point.

Thanks, you guys are the best.

John
    Last edited by denson; 05-22-2011 at 07:38 AM.
    John

RGruppe member 445

Sorry John, I had them for sale a while ago but another board member now has them.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

Seat belts

John,

The 'correct' retractables are not too hard to find, even the VW Beetle 1202 had them in the day. Just make sure that the plastic covers on the rectracting/webbing system are fixed with Philips head screw. After 1973 they used an oval type of screw.
    If you remove the thicker plastic cover you will find the mechanism that locks and unlocks the belt, mostly date coded as well and a lot of differences in that as well but that is worth a separate story....Plus the REPA part number for both plastic covers are different each (?) year or car make. Not sure though.
    I don't know if it is easy, or even how to replace the webbing from one reel to another. If you can find enough European webbing it might be worthwhile to try. Add a new silk label and you have almost replicated an original belt. BTW, if you pull the belt completely out from the reel than you will find probably a date stamp as well! At least I have found it on most of them.
    The pages in the 72/73 spare parts manual where the seat belts are listed is pretty extensive, many options a flavours were available hence different PET numbers on the silk labels....

Rgds, Cees
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Hey Cees:

It has been a while! I hope all is well with you. Thanks a great deal for going through the trouble to provide all that information and pictures. It was very helpful. I have the new tags and continue to seek out the belts. I emailed Marco at Eleven parts, Edmond Harris and Andrea in Italy . Edmond and Andrea do not have any and I await an email from Marco.

The search is on! I hope that I come up with them soon.

Best regards,

John
    John

RGruppe member 445

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    Hi John,

Pretty good, getting a bit nervous because we are getting married tomorrow...finally...
    I have a look around if I can find more of the Euro belt webbing or even a complete 73-ish set of retractables. Stay tuned.

Best, Cees