Thread: vendor for spacers for 7R wheels?

vendor for spacers for 7R wheels?

Hi guys, I am some what new to the board, been on Pelican since it started and in R Gruppe since '02. I have a narrow body 911 LWB car and some 7R wheels I want to run in the back. I am trying to locate some spacers online that I can purchase and have shipped here to Switzerland. Also, I am trying to determine the correct wheel studs to run. I've read that its normal to run spacers of different sizes on either side of the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS

Here is what you need, but use the bolt on spacers. No need to put in longer studs and much easier to go back to stock.

http://boothedesign.com/spacers.html
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Thanks Brian. Couldn't find that for the life of me. Will order. Sorry we didn't get to meet when I lived in Evansville. Time flys!

Quote Originally Posted by mjshira View Post
    Hi guys, I am some what new to the board, been on Pelican since it started and in R Gruppe since '02. I have a narrow body 911 LWB car and some 7R wheels I want to run in the back. I am trying to locate some spacers online that I can purchase and have shipped here to Switzerland. Also, I am trying to determine the correct wheel studs to run. I've read that its normal to run spacers of different sizes on either side of the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS
    What tyre size are you planning on running and with what spacer size?? as I to have 7r wheels and I know 225/50/15 is too wide for the back without spacers.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Hi Clyde
    I want to run 225/50/15's and was thinking 18mm to 22mm would work. What spacer are you running?

Thanks!

I have some 7R for the rear and deep 6 for the front on STD 72 guards. I 225/50/15 Yokahama Advans on the 7R's and have done a trial fit which simply confirmed that they don't fit
    as they hit the bolts on the spring plates and may even hit the inner guard with the inside of the tyre going into a dip at speed.

I am pretty sure you will miss all the bolts on the spring plates if you ran either 18mm or 22mm but I am not so sure you will be free of the inner lip of the guards.

I tell you what you try it first and let me know how it goes

Seriously someone must have done this before us, can they please chime in and stop us wasting money and time please.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

James, guten tag
    The race setup with the 7Rs is ET -49 + 10mm spacer = ET -39mm.

H&R is the manufacturer of these. When they get thicker they include a ridge around the center hole to center the wheel ("hub-centric"). Not really cool to center the wheel by the lug studs when you plan to hit the triple digits. . . see their site for details http://trakplus.com/

And on this Memorial Day a reminder. . .thank you for your service to our Country.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

We have done it many times. Like Brian said, the 15mm Bolt-to-bolt are the easiest. If you want to do it with spacers you can use 10-12mm spacers and longer studs. Usually 12-15 is what I come up with. At 17 they usually rub the fender, ask Brian. Be aware some 225/50s are up to 1 inch wider than others. It is easy to measure. Mount the tires and use washers until the tire clears the alignment bolt (we shorten the bolt to the nut). Then add about 1/4 and you'll have the number.
    H

Quote Originally Posted by 304065 View Post
    James, guten tag
    The race setup with the 7Rs is ET -49 + 10mm spacer = ET -39mm.

H&R is the manufacturer of these. When they get thicker they include a ridge around the center hole to center the wheel ("hub-centric"). Not really cool to center the wheel by the lug studs when you plan to hit the triple digits. . . see their site for details http://trakplus.com/

And on this Memorial Day a reminder. . .thank you for your service to our Country.
    Thanks John. Appreciate it. Come visit over here!

I am going to go for the 225's. Get them mounted and try a 10mm spacer and see where we are. The technique Harvey mentions I can do and then see what the final spacer needs to be. My issue is that I've done a lot on these cars but never set camber. So I will research that next.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Weidman View Post
    We have done it many times. Like Brian said, the 15mm Bolt-to-bolt are the easiest. If you want to do it with spacers you can use 10-12mm spacers and longer studs. Usually 12-15 is what I come up with. At 17 they usually rub the fender, ask Brian. Be aware some 225/50s are up to 1 inch wider than others. It is easy to measure. Mount the tires and use washers until the tire clears the alignment bolt (we shorten the bolt to the nut). Then add about 1/4 and you'll have the number.
    H
    Thanks Harvey for your kind post. I will research which 225's to get, thanks for the tip on that!