Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB hotrod/RGruppe car for my father

WTB hotrod/RGruppe car for my father

Hello,
    After 5 years of driving a 993 4S my father has decided he wants something older to drive.
    He's looking for preferably a pre impact bumper car, but an impact bumper car in the right spec might just persuade him

There are a few points that need to be met though, so here goes:

-R Gruppe/ hotrod kind of car, with thoughtful upgrades
    -He wants something in a funky color, not the usual red or gray/silver
    -The car shouldn't be a concours kind of car, he wants to drive it, not have it sit in a garage looking good. Faded paint/patina is what he's into, but not a rustbucket.
    -Must have correct engine numbers, or we can't register the car here in Belgium. So sadly no 3.6 conversions for us... But a hopped up engine is no problem.
    -Maximum $35000
    -No rollcage, as that's also forbidden here...

86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Shame about the 3.2 engine,as that means it can't be registered here...

Have you considered a hotrod 914/6?
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    Have you considered a hotrod 914/6?
    I will check with my old man, and get back to you. I hadn't thought about a 914/6, as I presumed the prices for numbers matching cars would be too high.

My car the first RGruppe car (Former Chris Huergas car) is going to be available, still figuring a price..but thought I would mention

-The car shouldn't be a concours kind of car, he wants to drive it, not have it sit in a garage looking good.

Faded paint/patina is what he's into, but not a rustbucket.

-Must have correct engine numbers, or we can't register the car here in Belgium..... But a hopped up engine is no problem.

A cool list of ideas you have there. However, It 'MUST' have matching engine numbers to gain admittance in the country..? SO if you found a 65 - 69 car and the engine came with the same intake - but unfortunately had a 2.4 swapped in -- they would comb over the car with a dial indicator, examine the case, determine it was a non-matching number on the case, and then red flag it out of the country..

Did I read that right..?

Did you see this one here in AZ? You can R-gruppe it all out after it cleared customs.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-911-vin306930

Have you tried asking Magnus Walker? He's a member of the registry and have done fantastic work on R-Gruppe cars. Some of his cars have found European owners.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...urpose-hot-rod
    71S Targa
    03 996 Cab
    05 prius daily driver

Quote Originally Posted by 62S-R-S View Post

-The car shouldn't be a concours kind of car, he wants to drive it, not have it sit in a garage looking good.

Faded paint/patina is what he's into, but not a rustbucket.

-Must have correct engine numbers, or we can't register the car here in Belgium..... But a hopped up engine is no problem.

A cool list of ideas you have there. However, It 'MUST' have matching engine numbers to gain admittance in the country..? SO if you found a 65 - 69 car and the engine came with the same intake - but unfortunately had a 2.4 swapped in -- they would comb over the car with a dial indicator, examine the case, determine it was a non-matching number on the case, and then red flag it out of the country..

Did I read that right..?
    Yes, here in Belgium we need to get the car homologated through the brand importer when it clears customs, and that means matching numbers or correct engine for the car, unlees there are Belgian members that know otherwise?... It's a real PITA. There is the option to get it registered with "oldtimer" plates, but it restricts the use of the car, ie no driving after dark and only when there are meetings, so that's not an option.
    We also have a yearly check of a car here, they go through everything, and if they find you have a larger engine fitted you're effed.
    Early S member #1969

1987 Porsche Carrera 3.2
    1986 BMW E30 M3
    1971 Porsche 911T