Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DeltaWing LeMans Entry

How about the 'boomerang' Tyrrell!

or this 68 Brabham:

Or the Brabham BT55, which looks fairly normal now but was very radical when first shown. Brabham was in decline and the car was never very successful due to lack of funds, and the BMW engine suffering oil starvation from being laid over. But this led Murray to McLaren the following year where he designed the MP4/4, basically a continuation of the BT55 concept, which won 15 of 16 races in '88. Innovation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

I don't care how much passing there is; if they had cars like those posted above I would watch F1 again. That is what I find interesting- engineering innovation and experimentation. That is what F1 is all about, IMO.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

+1

Most of the cars pictured were designed as a result of rules changes and or to circumvent rules. I am hopeful the rules committees adopt rules that force racing to use less and less fossil fuels.

I think Leno has a great perspective on all of this..he is very very pro alternative fuel cars etc. Per Leno...getting super energy efficient cars on the road will actually preserve the collector cars we all love as it saves what is left of our fossil fuel reserves for vintage cars.

Let's face it, if I have to pay 8 bucks a gallon to enjoy the use of my 40 year toy car, that doesn't hurt quite as bad as having to pay that much to fill up my daily driver.

Similar Threads

1. Targa California 2014 entry open now
    By TRE Cup in forum Drives, Tours, Gatherings, Racing and Adventures
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-05-2014, 04:07 AM
  2. Gunnar Jeannette in the Nissan DeltaWing - Attacked in Atlanta
    By rsr1975 in forum Drives, Tours, Gatherings, Racing and Adventures
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 10:35 AM
  3. The Rennsport Entry List is out
    By John Straub in forum Drives, Tours, Gatherings, Racing and Adventures
    Replies: 15