Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: Early 911S Online VIN Info Reference Thread

Thank you, I will get them when I pull the engine at some point.

https://web.archive.org/web/20210413134159/https://www.classicdriver.com/de/car/porsche/911/1970/812522

"911 ST

built after homologation.

Total rebuild of a 2.2L 911 S from 1970 to a 911 ST

The body was derusted, revised and completely rebuilt in 2010 by the Niemann von Gradowski company. This happened under the supervision of me, the owner and the expert for vintage cars, Dipl.-Ing. Klaus Kukuk motor vehicle expert (Germany, Cologne).

The frame and floor assembly were stripped of paint in 2010 by Niemann von Gradowski (Germany, Salzkotten), the A-pillar, outer sills and rear "bananas" were renewed. The side members were opened, extensively cleaned of rust and, like the entire underbody, received a completely new paintwork.

The body is built according to S/T specification and the GfK body kit consisting of front fenders, hood and bumper were attached. This resulted in an extremely light coupe.
    The sheet steel extensions at the rear, which were attached after homologation, were butt welded. The outer sills have been renewed. The body was completely stripped of paint on the inside and on the floor, received Mike Sanders in all cavities and then a new paint system.

The current engine was completely rebuilt in 2014 by Mr. Michael Küke (Germany, Essen) on an aluminum crankcase modified by Mr. Edgar Salewski (Belgium Eupen).
    Male piston, Carillo connecting rod, small fan wheel, double igniter, two HKZ, stamp pump etc.

The almost new 2.5 liter engine has had around 4-5 hours of operation since it was built,

approx. 260 (honest) hp,

The engine has a new small fan wheel and a new GRP engine cover, a new overhauled piston pump.
    The oil cooler has been cleaned.
    In the course of work at Küke Automobil Service in Essen, the Porsche 911 engine 2.5 L was built on an aluminum engine housing 901 in 2014,
    All valve guides renewed, valve seats milled, valves ground and lapped in, the cylinder heads planned, phase turned on, A-valves brought to installation length, shaft shortened, cylinder heads mounted, spring preload adjusted. Repaired and maintained a camshaft box.
    Camshafts polished, bearings and cams partially.
    Cylinder head banks assembled with new parts.
    Engine halves cleaned, fitted with new bearings, connecting rods fitted with new bearings and new screws, crankshaft inserted, groove for circlip cut into the intermediate shaft,
    Oil pump dismantled, assembled, repaired.
    Intermediate shaft fitted with new sprockets and oil pump.
    Both engine halves glued together and tie rods mounted.
    Piston protrusion and max. valve opening determined. Cylinder studs glued in to length, axial play of the intermediate shaft adjusted.
    Piston and cylinder assembled.
    Chain cases mounted, chain drive assembled.
    chain parallelism checked and adjusted,
    2 chain tensioners repaired.
    Timing adjusted, chain case cover blasted, coated with clear varnish and all threads repaired, upper 2 valve covers blasted and painted, valve covers mounted, new candles screwed in, oil line for camshaft on the right renewed, oil cover repaired at the bottom, thread renewed, plug renewed, magnet in plug cold-glued to crankshaft and flywheel balanced, individually
    Ground flywheel (steel).
    Various helicoil inserts (10 pieces).
    Lines NW lubrication re-glued, pressed, because of Z-distributor.
    FIA car pass,
    Stack's tachometer
    Heigo cage

Completely new wiring harness with two ignition circuits that can be switched on or off individually in the cockpit, for checking them individually.
    Undercarriage Bielstein overhauled adjusted by the company Michael Küke Essen
    Transmission 901 with "Nürburgring translation"
    clutch overhauled

Servicing and maintenance since 2010 company Michael Küke (Germany Essen)

The vehicle was checked for authenticity by Mr. Kukuk, together with Mr. Marc Waring (RennSportClassics Ltd. England Surrey) and Mr. Jürgen Barth with the help of magnetic resonance testing of the chassis and production number.

The car is competitive and ready to race after minor updates such as the worn seats and belts.

Extensive and detailed documentation, vehicle has been in my possession since 2009.

dr R. Short"
    Name:  154144465_10214651040710028_818188501924405764_n.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  41.8 KB

as a curiosity ... This vehicle is located between the two ST 9110301149
    Repsol from 1970.

Hi VIN experts. I need a bit of help on a SWB 911S I just bought out of Europe. The VIN is 118012XX which according to bigporsche.com should be a 1967. However, the car comes with both a Porsche Certification Letter, and the original Cardex that both state the car was built and delivered in July of 1968. So, I’m left a bit confused as to whether this is a ‘67 or a ‘68S. Thoughts?

Thank you,

Chris
    Chris Purpura @civilizedmisfit
    Member #479
    Current Cars:
    1972 911T aka The "Civilized Misfit" Build
    See: https://www.excellence-mag.com/issue...vilized-misfit
    Miss February - EarlySRegistry 2023 Calendar
    1968 911S Ossi Blau/Beige Corduroy

Past Cars:
    2019 911 Carrera GTS (sold, no regrets)
    73S - #1100 (restored and now somewhere in Europe)
    1997 993 Carrera 4S Black on Black (sold)

Hi Chris,

your S is a very late production 68 S.

one year only , A Serie.

congratulation

regards

Michael

Michael,

Thanks. That’s what the Porsche documents say, pretty clearly. So is the VIN Table here wrong? I’d always thought it was reliable but it seems quite off.

https://www.bigporsche.com/VIN60s911.htm

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by sc1 View Post
    Hi Chris,

your S is a very late production 68 S.

one year only , A Serie.

congratulation

regards

Michael
    Member #479
    Current Cars:

Past Cars:

VIN table is "correct" if you are in certain parts of the world where they call the start of the production year as the year of the model.
    They started the MY68 production in 1967, ended in summer of 68. Started MY69 production in later summer 1968, ended summer of 69.
    If you follow me
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Ah, I get it. That makes sense. It’s definitely a MY68 based on the interior gauges and doors. Thanks for helping me “read the table”. I’ll post more on the car soon on Show Your Ride thread. Im so excited. My first SWB.
    Member #479
    Current Cars:

Past Cars:

Actually, it f I really think about it, it’s still odd. My car is one of the last ‘68 VIN’s. 12XX out of 1267 made, but made in July of ‘67. Were they literally making the entire run of MY68’s before end of summer in 1967? Maybe supply chains were that far behind back then, but curious if this was common.
    Member #479
    Current Cars:

Past Cars:

Pretty sure your car was made in July of 68. You showed me the Kardex :^)
    - 1969 911T Ossi Blue #3981

LOL. You’re correct. I’m using Google Translate on numerous documents as they are all in Italian. It’s a date range for production that starts in August 67 (what confused me) through July 68. Car was delivered to the first owner in July 68. Mystery solved.
    Member #479
    Current Cars:

Past Cars: