Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS 1971 E Targa

FS 1971 E Targa

I have for sale a very nice driver quality 71E Targa vin #9111210566, Motor #6211171 The Targa features the following:

Original Calf Targa ( always in Calf)
    Three owners
    80K on rebuilt motor with documents
    Documents going back too the mid 70's
    Originl owners manual
    Jack
    Toolkit
    Original date stamped 14" wheels including the original spare

The Targa is going through a mild refresh restoration at California Porsche Restorations
    New respray of Irish green (original color)
    Refresh of interior (Tan) original color, door panels, carpet, seats and dash

The Targa is very original and I'm putting some of the original items back on, such as the radio and speaker in the dash, engine grill and side mirror

This is one of the best driving 911's I have owned.

Price $71K

For more info send me a email at Robert.b.lee@cox.net or my cell at 619-518-6632.
    Bob Lee
    San Diego, Ca
    Last edited by bob lee; 06-17-2011 at 10:41 AM.

Bob,
    Is $71K a typo?

Is this the Car Russ had for sale?
    Quote Originally Posted by gruen911 View Post
    Bob,
    Is $71K a typo?

Quote Originally Posted by NGSmith View Post
    Is this the Car Russ had for sale?
    NGSmith and Gruen911 ( what are your real names?)

This is Russ's old Targa. The finsihed price is $71K after I do the restoration and It will be nearly perfect. If you know the Targa it is a very honest car and you don't find them like this very often ( the reason I bought it). Russ has kept impecable records through out his ownership and so did the two other owners before him. The Targa was never raced, driven in the rain and for me a truly Southern Calf Porsche. Russ is also very pleased to know that it's going too be brought back to it's original state.
    Cheers,
    Bob Lee
    San Diego Ca

As long as this chart keeps going up, so will asking prices:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    95 C4 / Guards Red...(Sold)
    2005 997 Carrera Arctic Silver/Black...(Sold)
    95 C4 / Polar Silver...(Sold)
    10 Cayman S / Atlas Grey

Quote Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
    As long as this chart keeps going up, so will asking prices:
    Jason,
    I assume that's the Euro/US$ exchange rate chart. Get ready for the Euro to take a nose dive soon. Greece has shown just how weak the euro zone alliance is and it is just the first domino to fall. I predict Germany will be using the Dmark again with 2 years.

Who is Russ? What is the point of the comments on this thread?
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

Bob,
    My point in posting was to get clarification on the price. I have never seen or heard of a 2.2e coupe or targa ever listed or sold for that kind of money, especially considering that your car is a driver quality respray with significant miles (80k on a rebuild). Most 1969-73 911E's trade for less than half of that. Yours must be pretty special. Plse post some pix of the car when you get a chance. That will go a long way in justifying the price for the car.
    PS Irish green is a great color. My username is gruen911 because my 67 s/r coupe was irish green.
    Last edited by gruen911; 06-17-2011 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gruen911 View Post
    Bob,
    My point in posting was to get clarification on the price. I have never seen or heard of a 2.2e coupe or targa ever listed or sold for that kind of money, especially considering that your car is a driver quality respray with significant miles (80k on a rebuild). Most 1969-73 911E's trade for less than half of that. Yours must be pretty special. Plse post some pix of the car when you get a chance. That will go a long way in justifying the price for the car.
    PS Irish green is a great color. My username is gruen911 because my 67 s/r coupe was irish green.
    I was just wondering if it was the same car that I looked at last week. Russ is a nice guy and the car was well documented. I just passed on it becasue idid not feel it was worth what it would take to bring it back. If it brings this kind of money then I was wrong, thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by NGSmith View Post
    I was just wondering if it was the same car that I looked at last week. Russ is a nice guy and the car was well documented. I just passed on it becasue idid not feel it was worth what it would take to bring it back. If it brings this kind of money then I was wrong, thats all.
    Which BEGS the question: what was the asking price that you passed on?
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....