$3500 plus shipping

Please see here for details:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...-2-2s-mfi.html

Still have.

May consider trade for PMO 46s.

Nobody needs this?

Not for this price!
    Porsche 911 S 1971 Kremer race car

So how much is a 2.2S MFI system with one year of wear on it FROM NEW worth? Probably not too much since the market is flooded with them.

While these are not exactly common, they are common in this condition. Having low mileage on these is only a good thing if they were properly prepared for long term storage.

I have a 2.2 S motor with carbs and I'd love to put MFI back on there but I look at your set and see the following expenses.

It will need a complete overhaul at a cost of at least $1,000 plus parts. There is a ton of other material needed to fit MFI including: MFI fuel pump, linkage air filter assembly, nozzles and tubing, belt and pulleys, proper tin, proper heat exchanger with tube for cold start thermostat, proper electronic console with relays. You mention that much of this is included but you don't show it in your photos, nor spell it out in great detail.

The reason that most people removed MFI in the first place was an economic one and this still stands. I have estimated beyond the cost for the pump and hardware there is $2,000 (in the NY Metro area) worth of labor to install and get this running after a significant amount of my own time thrown in.
    1968 Coupe
    901/10 with 2.2 Ps and Cs
    Webers
    911/01
    7s on all corners
    Now Sold

Quote Originally Posted by PeterM1965 View Post
    It will need a complete overhaul at a cost of at least $1,000 plus parts.
    Wow. Not sure what you do for a living, but you could make a fortune as a mechanic. Being able to diagnose a system by looking only at a few pictures? Well done sir.

Lol. Hey, doctors do it all the time via computer. But I did not mean to impugn your goods. I should have made it more clear that in general any old MFI system that has sat around for a long time would probably need a complete overhaul before being installed.
    1968 Coupe
    901/10 with 2.2 Ps and Cs
    Webers
    911/01
    7s on all corners
    Now Sold

do the pistons and rack move freely? any corrosion inside the pump? any wear marks on the space cam? I see a lot of corrosion in the throttle bodies and stacks, any pitting at all? lines and good injectors included? are the other needed bits included or not? I'm interested but you're looking for top dollar+++ without much info. can you post pics of everything included and info as noted above? thanks, Don.

Wasn't this part of that 1970 911S engine on Pelican that you wanted a fortune for years ago and never sold it all? Wasn't the price over $10k for a claimed low mileage motor with parts painted various red colors they way Motor Meister does? After a few years of trying to sell off this engine Michael (the seller) does not care what the market will pay, he wants more. It would absolutely pay to TRY to show the condition and what is included instead of talking about the engine sitting under a tarp since 1971. In my opinion the chances of that engine only running for a year look very slim judging by the appearance of it. I can't tell you how many low mileage items I have looked at that turned out to be very high mileage but the seller played ignorance. Not saying your system is either or but there is no proof of condition. So Michael if you are wondering why no one will buy the system, probably because your description shows and proves very little and your price is just too high. My offer still stands but I know you won't take it.

The associated costs with rebuilding MFI, I have done this more times than I care to count:

Pump rebuild $1400 (this will need to be done no matter how many miles on it, if it sits for a long time it needs calibration)
    Clean injectors $100 (if they are good and 9 times out of 10 one injector will be bad +$185ea)
    Throttle body rebuild $1300
    Replace all linkage $250
    Misc new parts $250
    Install and tune $1000+