Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took a break and went for a drive

Took a break and went for a drive

My first solid attempt to contribute to all the great pictures and knowledge on this forum. So this is inspired from the posts from Magnus Walker's and his cool driving adventures. No, I didn't log the miles Magnus does, but I tried to share some of the highlights of a drive I like to do in my neighborhood. And of course, capture as much of the car and a little of my creativity. Hope you all enjoy the pic's.

So here it goes . . . just getting started at the Santa Monica Mountain Rec Area, then a drive by Lake Sherwood, the infamous Rock Store on Mulholland, down Encinal Canyon with a few pic's on the road side, to PCH/Leo Carrillo Beach, through Camarillo, and finally back to the SM Rec Area. Fun ride and just goes to show most people in Los Angeles just love to drive their cars, motorcycles, and hang out at the beach all day. Stay tuned as more will come soon.

And just in case you didn't know . . . Burgundy 911's Rule!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by TEC69E; 06-24-2011 at 07:49 AM.
    Tom Ching
    69E Burgundy

last batch of pic's
    Tom Ching
    69E Burgundy

welcome to posting road shots there Tom. paradise roads you got there !

Help ma they're gunna wash my car

Thumbs up

Tom's burgundy is one of the prettiest around.......
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Man, it's about damn time Tom! That car is looking beautiful! LOVE the color. How about an engine shot
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Like it !!!
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

Interesting. Sounds like a route I do sometimes, but where is the shot with the conifer trees?

I have never seen that big sign, either.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Yup, I've been wanting to share more of this car but it really has been a 'project' until recently. And I've been spending my time and efforts to get it done and get it right (by my standards). So the funny thing is this drive was the first time that didn't feel like a 'test run' if you know what I mean.

So just some history on this car. I bought it from Scott Marshall in Oct 2006 and it was a real nice car at that time with 79K miles . . . nicely appointed with houndstooth sport seats, full S trim, and a sweet 2.0 liter that just ran great. But I got the 'hot rod' bug . . . bad. So today it sits with new suspension, brakes, 2.5 short stroke (89x66), 901/13 built with a Guard LSD (AFMSX), on 7R Fuchs by Harvey. Still wears mostly original paint with a full interior and leather seats by Tony. The original 2.0 liter has received a rebuild (just for grins) and now sits in the garage waiting to be put into service when I want to play with it again. But for now the honest truth is I gotta put some miles on this thing. So the fun begins.

Here's another pic of the motor. It gets the job done for me and since I've done most of the work myself it's a real kick in the pants every time I turn that key.
    Tom Ching
    69E Burgundy

Oh by the way Max . . . as I was heading down Encinal I stopped at one of those 'private roads' and snapped this pic. Even left the car running in case I got chased away by the owner. And don't laugh . . . I tried the same earlier at the Lake Sherwood Country Club and really did get chased off by their security. I remember fishing on Lake Sherwood when I was a kid before all that fancy stuff got built. Such a shame people think they can take something like a Lake away from the public to enjoy.
    Last edited by TEC69E; 06-24-2011 at 06:23 PM.
    Tom Ching
    69E Burgundy

Hi Tom,

Great looking car! I'm glad you're enjoying it on our cool SoCal roads.
    Bert Jayasekera
    1970 911T - Tangerine Orange
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167