Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this be a 6R fuchs wheel?

Is this a Fuchs 6R wheel?

I recently bought a set of wheels to send to Harvey to convert into 7R's. Before I cut this one up I want to make sure it's not a 6R wheel. It's dated 668. I've noticed some interesting differences with this wheel compared to every other deep 6/5.5/4.5 that I've seen.

- It has an ink stamped part number. You can barely make it out and the only digit that you can't see is of course the most important last digit. 901.361.012.0?

- The numbers under the casting number match the 6R wheel in this thread: http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...R-amp-7R-Fuchs

AS1 62 F 26189. Every other deep 6 or even 5.5 that I've seen ends in 26710. Could this be the alloy type?

- This wheel weighs 3.5 ounces less than the other deep 6 that I have (both w/o safety bead).

Thoughts?

Last edited by craighardy; 06-27-2011 at 09:55 AM.

I don't know. But if anyone would, it would be Harvey.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Why not measure the off set and compare to other deep 6's you have?
    Early 911S member #166

I have no problem with the theory that all men are created equal.
    But after that moment you are on your own and nobody owes you a damn thing.

I believe the off set is the same between the 6R and regular deep 6.

I plan to drive these up to Harvey and of course he will know what they are. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to look for another deep 6 to cut up before I head up there.

Quote Originally Posted by craighardy View Post
    I believe the off set is the same between the 6R and regular deep 6.

I plan to drive these up to Harvey and of course he will know what they are. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to look for another deep 6 to cut up before I head up there.
    Yes, would be the same wheel with a different part number.

-Allen-

What is a 6R wheel?
    Mike

Mike,

I believe what we are talking about is the front wheel for a 911R which was identical in appearance to the later so-called "deep six." The part number for the 911R front wheel is 901 361 012 03 and they were (all?) ink stamped. The virtualy identical deep six is not ink stamped but stamped in the metal with part number is 901 361 012 06. Thanks.

-Allen-
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 06-27-2011 at 05:33 PM.

take the tyre off, and you will able to tell immediately....

BTW...A "R" wheel is a deep six wheel with a factory weld up. Anyone can make these with their own deep six wheel. The factory took their own deep six wheels and had their supplier make a deeper inner offset so that a wider tyres would fit. There are a few here in CA that know how to do this correctly.
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

Quote Originally Posted by curtisaa View Post
    take the tyre off, and you will able to tell immediately....

BTW...A "R" wheel is a deep six wheel with a factory weld up. Anyone can make these with their own deep six wheel. The factory took their own deep six wheels and had their supplier make a deeper inner offset so that a wider tyres would fit. There are a few here in CA that know how to do this correctly.
    I have removed the wheel since taking the picture. I think your talking about a 7R wheel not a 6R. Also, I don't think the factory 7R wheels were welded but they do have a unique profile.

Harvey will be cutting and welding these for me but I don't want to cut this one if it is a 6R wheel. I actually hope it's just a really early regular deep six, than I can just get these things done!
    Last edited by craighardy; 06-27-2011 at 03:01 PM.

show me the profile and I will be able to tell...

BTW: Are you sending harvey 4 wheels to make 2 wheels ??
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L