Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: ST / RS by Vintage Seats

Wanted: ST / RS by Vintage Seats

Hello, Newbie here. Looking to buy an ST (driver side) & RS (passenger side) seats made by Vintage Seats. Must have basket weave (centers) & vinyl or leather (sides) and in excellent/nice condition. Recaro frame/slider is a plus. Please send pictures. I posted same ad at Pelican with no luck yet. I'm paypal verified and 100% Ebay feedback.
    Check link to see the seats i'm looking for:
    http://www.vintageseats.com/st.htmVintage Seats: R-Model
    http://www.vintageseats.com/rs.htm

That's a pretty specific request... why haven't you just ordered them from Vintage Seats? They won't cost much less used.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

rs / st seats

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    That's a pretty specific request... why haven't you just ordered them from Vintage Seats? They won't cost much less used.
    Hi Russ,
    I did but Mark (owner) of Vintage Seats said that they are shut down for the summer on seats & will resume after Sept 1rst. The people making their fiberglass parts closed.
    I just want those seats asap but I guess I just have to wait for it. I also posted on pelican with not much luck.

Best
    Jun

Bummer. Have you considered Stephan's or D'Eser seats?

http://www.classiccarseats.com/st-seats901.php

http://www.deser.it/
    Last edited by Bullethead; 06-28-2011 at 11:08 PM.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

I probably go with the GTS if I can't get the vintage seats in couple months.
    1973 Porsche 911T lightweight (Tangerine)
    1991 Ducati 851 Superbike SP3 Spec
    1968 Porsche 911L #449

Jun

I just got a pair of ST seats from Stephan at GTS the other day. He does excellent work! Being a really nice guy is a bonus too Like Russ said, they won't be much cheaper used. That and you probably won't find exactly what you're looking for unless you order em up.

The TRE seats are even better quality than the Vintage Seats. Covered by Autobahn Interiors and made from thicker fglass. Can't go wrong with those.
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

9110220587 - 1973 RSR revival in progress
    My Car Thread: "Five-Eighty-Seven..."
    “If it isn't there, it didn't cost anything, it doesn't weigh anything and can't break." - From the philosophy of Grady Clay

Scope Creep Poster Child
    I have a pair of Vintage RS seats (sorry, not for sale!) purchased about two years ago. The quality is top notch. They are, I think, the most correct Recaro replicas available. The other makers mentioned do great work also. Each maker has their own merits. I had great customer service with Vintage and would buy another pair without reservation.
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    When I got my 911R replicas from Peter "Z" (when he owned the company) there was never a QC issue. His glass was thick on purpose. Some of you may know that he was an engineer and understood what he was making. There should be a fair amount of old postings about these seats
    What happened to the original factory supplied racing seats is that they collapsed onto themselves from use (weight of the driver) over time. Porsche never intended for these things to last 40 years. They were cheap and they were light.
    Peter took his molds from an original and widened them a skosh for better fitment on "regular size" individuals and as previously stated made them thicker. At the time Autos International did his coverings.

I like Stephans seats too. He does a nice job.

Tom
    I have a pair of those Peter Z seats in my car - very comfortable but not cushy.

I have not seen a pair of the current version - they are made just down the road but I have yet to get there - am curious how they differ from the ones Peter made.

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

ST seats

Hi All,
    here the last version, that we just finished,more in an RS look...in leather w grommets and in natural look and an R seat in leatherette/corduroy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    regards Stefan GTSclassics
    702 353 7175
    ClassicCarSeats.com