Thread: looking for Mr John L Williamson

looking for Mr John L Williamson

I have an imported 1971t originally bought and owned by a John L Williamson who lived at 311 Bay Front Balboa 1st Califonia 92660

Chassis number 9111101333

The dealer the car was bought from was Chick Iverson Inc, Newport Beach Cali.

Know it is a long shot. Car now resides in Australia. Interested to track down some more info on its past.

cheers

Michel

http://www.ottosvenice.com/

Call this place and politely ask Otto if it was his car.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Thanks . Will do though who is Otto?

Banned
    Key word is "politely". lol
    Let's put it this way: John (Otto) will never be running for public office- he's too honest and blunt. Great guy who knows his Porsche stuff. We need more like him.

I'll second that. John (aka Otto) does not suffer fools or time wasters gladly. His extensive knowledge and skills come from long experience. Quite an accomplished driver. There must be a story behind why John is known as Otto.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    I'll second that. John (aka Otto) does not suffer fools or time wasters gladly. His extensive knowledge and skills come from long experience. Quite an accomplished driver. There must be a story behind why John is known as Otto.
    I choose my words carefully and using "politely" was not an exception. John (Otto) is a wealth of Porsche knowledge dating back to the 1960s and has been very helpful over the years. OTTO relates to his time in the USMC but it is his story to tell. . .
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Thanks for the Otto lead..received the simple reply ..."not me" two days ago.

So still looking for a Mr John L Williamson who lived at 311 Bay Front Balboa 1st Califonia 92660 back in the 70's

cheers Michel

...now looking for Dennis Bramnick

Took awhile though have finally been in touch with the family (John passed away in the 80's) and they kindly sent a couple of images of the car from 1973 in Palm Desert - car looks cool in its original Metallic Gold ( now painted the 'rare' metallic silver). Hoping to receive a bit more info on the car if they can locate it.

It was sold not long after to Dennis Bramnick - if anyone knows the gent, who I believe is still living in the Newport area I'd be interested to get in touch.

cheers

Michel

Great colour... hopefully you will return it to its original condition!!!
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616