Thread: Italian delivery side view mirror size for 73??

Italian delivery side view mirror size for 73??

There has been some discussion on another thread about this. Looking for a definitive on what size and type side view mirror would be on a 73 911 delivered to Italy. Thanks guys.

Don

Hello Don,

They are square and slightly larger than the standard square size. We are restoring an original Italian 73 RS at the moment and have the original side mirror, I can measure and take some pics if it helps. The RS is nb 1234.

Thanks

Alan
    Last edited by Alan.uk; 07-13-2011 at 10:25 PM.

check the other thread : 'Italian delivery 73 T'

Italian delivered cars were originally delivered without any outside mirror. Period photos show it clearly.
    The italian road rules didn't request one until 1976, and then owners just put whatever mirror they wanted to comply with the new rules. That's why Italian-delivered cars tend to have a wide range of external mirrors. In my experience, the more frequent are the bigger chrome flag mirrors (74 My), but just anyone available back then is possible.

Andrea
    Andrea
    Early S registry #1082

Thanks guys

Don

Don, don't you remember that old "Cannonball" movie where the Italian driver says "what's behind me doesn't matter"
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Yes Ed not only do I remember it I once bought a tract of land from one of the original Cannonball drivers, Jim Atwell. Great guy. Anyway my car came with a big square USA mirror so I need to fill the holes with something!!

Don