Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: SWB Hella Headlights Euro "Style"

FS: SWB Hella Headlights Euro "Style"

I am labeling these headlights as "style" because by all appearances they look like the early SWB Hella Euro Headlights but the reflector is a Bosch part. I don't know if the early Euro lenses had the same reflector but was actually a Hella part. I do know that some early Euro headlights were Bosch assemblies with the 4479 lenses. The chrome rings are labelled Hella as indicated with sticker and part number. The lenses are Hella with 4475 R7 4475 R1 lettering. The bulbs have been upgraded to 100/90W.

Condition: Please note the profile of these lenses in pic three. Overall very nice condition. I would install these on a freshly restored car without hesitation. The lenses are clean and bright with just a couple less than flea size nicks. The chrome headlight rings are very nice with some faint scratches in places but nothing offensive. The reflectors are intact with no hazing. All the retaining clips are present. The adjustment screws are not stripped or loose. All bushings are in good shape and hold everything firm so no bouncing headlights. They will hold their adjustments.

I think anyone looking for a set of these will appreciate the condition and that everything is there and ready to install straight out of the box. These were only recently removed after complete refurbishing because I installed a set of Cibie Biodes. If you are not satisfied with the condition then I will refund the purchase price and shipping to you. I will not cover the costs of shipping back to me because I believe my description/pics are honest and accurate.

$5000 firm plus shipping (determined by final weight of box and destination).

Okay...not $5000 - I just wanted to feel what it was like to list something at an outrageous price and have to bump it every week for a couple months.

$650 firm plus shipping (determined by final weight of box and destination).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Email sent.

Dan

Payment pending.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com

Payment received. Sold!
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com

Hi,

I am looking for a pair of lenses like the one in the post. Do you know where I can find them?

Cheers

Hi Pda75-- Go to WOLFSBURGWEST.COM They are a VW dealer that has the Hella Euro lens for the headlight assembly. All you need is those lens's and switch out you Bosch H-4 lens for one of these and you have a Early SWB Euro headlight. Chris There Phone # 888-965-3937
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

I have been looking for these too. I think the one's mentioned have the chrome rims, with the 356 tab on the rim.

Buckets and glass are easy to source. It is the SWB slotted screw, correct chrome rim. Now that is hard to find.

There is plenty of info on here, to make these up, remove the tab, etc.

That's great.

Thank you

bob tilton ,

SWB ROW leadlamp assemblies do use a bosch reflector. At least the ones I have. These are out of a spring built 1967 MY car , and I have no reason to believe they have ever been replaced. They are single bulb units as you can see (these are 1966/67 vintage - notice the round decals versas later square). I had no stickers on the chrome rings to see manufacturer, but I would have to assume they were Bosch also. Unless Bosch would source trim rings from Hella ? :
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by peekaboo; 07-23-2011 at 09:03 AM.

peekaboo,
    The chrome rings that are on my former set were more than likely the US 65-67 rings since they had a "Hella" sticker on them. I don't remember the Bosch reflector part number but I see the "4487" marking in your pic. Does your set have Bosch lenses?
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com