Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: info and id needed on these early fuchs and a value so i can offer them 4 sale

info and id needed on these early fuchs and a value so i can offer them 4 sale

i have had these over 20 years and they were on an early 911 i bought-at first i thought they were just deep sixes with hearts but they measure 8 inches in width approx from outside to outside-one has part no. 901 361 012 06 and the other has no part number visable-wider than deep sixes,but from the outside they look like deep sixes-they both came off the same car with the same tires etc-can you help?
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    paul chappell

deep six i would say
    Last edited by advtracing; 07-19-2011 at 11:43 PM.

It's very difficult to tell from those shots - where did you measure the overall width (outside rim-to-rim ?).

They could be 7R-spec widened deep sixes (or possibly original 7R wheels) - best way to tell is to remove the tyres & show us a side-view shot.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

overall width was measured from outside rim-2-rim
    i have some deep sixes and these are wider
    paul chappell

Rim width in general, is measured inside of lip to inside of lip

Show how you are measuring them. Do they all measure the same? If you don't want to dismount them, use a flat on each outside lip (wheel-not the tire) and measure through the center hole...
    H
    Last edited by Harvey Weidman; 07-21-2011 at 07:15 PM.

thanx 4 the tip harvey-they measure 7 3/4 inches using your tip-in comparison a deep six measures 6 3/4 inches, so they are an inch wider
    paul chappell

Spend $50 to get the tires removed and then you will know if have modified wheels or if you will soon be cashing in big time.

I have decided to start a campaign to educate shops on what not to do when dismounting early 6s (or 7Rs). Please don't use the inside claws, use the outside clamps. Here are some photos of 7Rs that had slipped off of the machime at least 6 times and the tire jockey still kept pounding away trying to use the inside claws. The wheel was severly damaged and the claws hit so hard that they dented the wheel in the bead area..
    Now stepping down from my soap box...
    H

Thanks Harvey, pet peeve of mine also. I think they do so because it's quicker. We use the outside clamps, it does take longer to grab the wheel when the tire is on, but like you I hate what it does to the wheel.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.