Thread: Ideas on Value of partial tool kit (came from a '70 911)?

Ideas on Value of partial tool kit (came from a '70 911)?

I have a partial tool that came out of a '70 and i would appreciate some value/price advice.

there are three open end wrenches; box end wrench; pliers; spark plug wrench and a tool bag that should clean up pretty nicely.

would anyone be willing to offer value/price advice?

is it worth more separately or together?

i'd like to offer it first to this community, but i need to list the price(s) in the ad.

thanks, in advance.

ms

MS,

It's going to depend a lot on whether the tools are the correct versions for 70. Especially for the open end wrenches and the pliers. Once the correctness is determined then the condition of the tools is going to drive the price difference between the individual tools and the "whole".

Cheers
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

I would be interested if it is the same tool kit for the '69 S.
    Mainly, I need the bag...I have the tools. My tool bag has the two "snaps" of which one is ripped.
    Maybe someone else can chime in if they are the same tool bags??
    William Q. Smith
    Early 911S Registry Member #986
    1969 911S - Bahama Yellow

Thanks everyone! I don't know much about any particular year's/model's tool kit (such as '69S). My only reference is the parts manual which gives a name for each tool, but no photos. i can't even guarantee that the kit i have actually came from a '70. that's simply the car the kit was in when it was found.

the took pouch/bag i have is basket weave with "clasps," rather than "snaps." there's a rectangular receiver ring and the "clasp" slides in and locks shut. i've now cleaned it and it's in excellent shape.

i'll search for photos of a '70 tool kit and see what i'm missing and what version the tools should be.

if anyone has photos and/or wisdom, sharing would be appreciated.

thank you, again.

ms

Tool kit

Complete nice tool kit circa 1970 is ~$1,000-$1,200. Bag, lug wrench and various open-end wrenches are easiest to come by. All other tools are more difficult as they often ended up in the kitchen "misc" drawer or a toolbox. There should be a premium for a complete kit IMHO. However, sometimes individual tools sell for high prices-since most kits are missing, at least, one tool. Thanks.

-Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 07-24-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Allen, this is wonderful help. the ~'70's tool bag looks almost identical to the a'68 tool bag that i have. in my '68 bag, i'm missing the phillips and the jack handle.

the '70 kit is missing 2 open end wrenches, the spanner, both screwdrivers, allen wrench, and jack handle. it'd take some effort to get a complete one together.

...but the bag is in really nice shape!

thanks so much. i'll begin assembling pricing information for selling it separately.

ms

Quote Originally Posted by mshaver51 View Post
    Allen, this is wonderful help. the ~'70's tool bag looks almost identical to the a'68 tool bag that i have. in my '68 bag, i'm missing the phillips and the jack handle.

the '70 kit is missing 2 open end wrenches, the spanner, both screwdrivers, allen wrench, and jack handle. it'd take some effort to get a complete one together.

...but the bag is in really nice shape!

thanks so much. i'll begin assembling pricing information for selling it separately.

ms
    That's what happens with tool kits: if your '68 Bag looks like the quilted bag in my post, sorry, but it is wrong. The authentic and unusual correct bag for a
    '68 is so-called "elephant hide." Or, maybe, a smooth (or perhaps even ribbed bag) but certainly not a quilted bag. Thanks.

-Allen-