Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Sale: 1972 Porsche 911 s/r Coupe ** Built To RS Specs ** $44,000

For Sale: 1972 Porsche 911 s/r Coupe ** Built To RS Specs ** $44,000

This car started out as a stock metallic silver 1972 911T sunroof coupe – all motor and transmission numbers are matching original factory numbers. The car was completely stripped to metal and painted a Ferrari color of medium grey or grigio medio (might be spelled incorrectly) and has a slate grey stripe painted from front to back – all Glasurit paint and done to a perfect finish. The 2.4 liter motor was completely rebuilt with all proper upgrades to RS specs with no expense spared by Pat Williams Racing here in Memphis. Everything is fully documented down to the last detail and complete receipts are included – the finished product is spectacular and the car runs like the wind! It is a 4 real 2.7 RS engine conversion. It is the orig case , trans too. Full MFI, RS spec with the right runners etc. The pump was rebuilt with an N.O.S. space cam installed. Most people try to grind then, this one is real …… Total cost of the engine work, transmission work and all suspension work came to a just under $40,000 and the paint was another $15,000.
    Car also comes with the original driver’s seat in excellent condition, factory sugar scoop headlights, torsion bar covers as well as the fog light covers, original muffler and original batwing horn pad. Original carpet was toast – carpet kit is basically all this interior needs to be fresh. Less than 5,000 miles since completion – not necessarily for the purist but definitely one of the finest examples anywhere of pure air-cooled Porsche power and sleek design of the “one year only” 1972 911 with the fender mounted oil filler. Build was absolutely top notch and this car is ready to roll. Located in Collierville, Tn.

rwoodman51@gmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rickrick; 08-05-2011 at 07:50 AM.

That ride gives me a tingle in all the right places!
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    This thing has had a ton spent on it and it is quality work. I think it's a great value for the money. Perusing the receipts only proves my point that it's much cheaper to buy one done than to try to build one. (Ask me how I know.)

Neat.

Tom
    Gee, I think I know that theory also, many times over!!! I guess I was just a slow learner??
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Cool car. .

Nice One

I have a feeling this car will be gone by the end of next week, if not sooner... From here, it looks like it could be a good buy. The '72 is one of our personal favorite early years. Good luck with this sale!

This is just an "armchair observer's" opinion...We haven't seen it in the metal.

Cheers
    R/Thom
    www.pmletter.com

couple more pics................
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rickrick,

Just curious...what's the scoop on the muffler?
    Once again - good luck with this sale.

Thanks,

r/Thom

Muffler is stainless and made by M&K.........original is included with sale. Car also has the original heat exchangers in very good condition...................

-rick

Any interest out there?

Quote Originally Posted by rickrick View Post
    Any interest out there?
    I think everyone is distracted by their imploding 401k's. I know I am.

Lee
    Lee Fishpaw

O Gruppe #20
    Early S Reg #2175
    R Gruppe #714
    '70 914-6
    '88 911
    '85 928S
    '74 260Z
    '74 TR6