Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: POLO 4 cylinder 911 engine and 1967 912 almost done

If you want to build a POLO engine yourself or have your tech build it Dean offers a kit.
    Go to www.polomotor.com
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 06-12-2015 at 03:19 PM.

Update

Here are a few projects done over the last 60 to 90 days. Some done and some to be finished soon.
    1. splitters to ram more air into the carrera cooler.
    2.A canister to catch fuel fumes. It works great!
    3.Relays for new LED headlights. A new fuse panel. My gauge is reading 1.5 more volts. 12.3 to 13.8.
    4.A 2nd drivers upper for sport driving and I might just do a AX.
    5.My LWB to SWB adjustable spring plate conversion.
    6.New valve covers.
    7.Plated heater valves.
    8.New 993 based exhaust that will allow the car to offer heat again with twin heater levers.
    5, 6, 7, and 8 are yet to be installed.
    9.I've had 2 orders for a copy of my engine mount.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 07-19-2015 at 01:48 PM.

912 polo #2

#2 912 POLO car on the road owned by Brady at the 901 Shop. If I recall his is based on 993RS engine parts.

When I built this car I didn't think in terms of 911 or 912. My reference point was how could I get the most power, have it be reliable, in the smallest package, and get the best handling I can in a SWB 900 series car..
    The engine is about to go over 10,000 miles.

On a whim I drove out to what I hear is the largest VW event of the summer here in Colorado. I love the 50 and 60's VW's having had a 71 bus and my favorite 67 bus. When I got there they said they are showing air and water cooled Porsche's and Audi's in their own class. I said I'm just here to have some fun and look at the VW's. They said common and show your car. Well what the heck, OK. So I registered on the spot. There were maybe 2 to 400 cars being shown and more racing at the drag strip as best as I could tell. I couldn't get away from my car to get a feel for the real numbers. I chatted with a bunch of nice folks, packed up burnt to a crisp from the sun, and headed home. This morning I got a call. Come'on by. You won two awards. Really? My class had a bunch of new to newer Audi S and RS whatever's tweeked to the max. Some very nice Porsche's and my Old Yeller.
    The "runner up" in class was voted on by anyone who showed a car in any class.
    The "Best of Show Engine" was voted on buy the business owners in the VW, Porsche, Audi trade. There were some Audi S and RS engines in the newer cars making over 700 hp. Then there was my pea shooter.
    Who knew.
    Chris

I drove 75 miles out to High Plains Raceway to watch a DE event this weekend. Martha rode her bike out there and I drove her home. I have a feeling she and her bike will be making trips to several mountain resorts were we both hit the high country. She on 2 wheels and me on 4.
    Chris
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

The splitters have worked out well. The front end feels much more planted. I can cruise along at 80 to 100 mph and if the roads are good the car feels rock solid. With the pan and splitters I've stayed at or below 210 degrees so far this summer on mid 90 low humidity days whether in traffic or going 90 plus on the interstate. Last year I would get readings of about 220 with those conditions.
    Chris
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Good stuff Chris! Congrats on the awards!!

I missed Rennsport but made the First Cars and Colors event in Telluride, Colorado. It will be the last couple days of September and 1st couple of days of October 2016. Here are the pictures shot by the event photographer. I hope some of you can make it next year.
    Chris
    http://carsandcolors.com/gallery/201...f-cars-colors/
    www.reSeeWorks.com

I just got some front and rear suspension bushings from Clint Smith at Rebel Racing. I put them together with my SWB spring plates and 911SC adjustable pieces. I'll have a nut welded to the end of my torsion bars so I can use a long bolt and remove or adjust the bars without pulling the spring plates in the future. I'll install some time between now and spring.
    www.reSeeWorks.com