Thread: 72 AC System

72 AC System

NEW PRICE $600
    I have removed the complete AC system from my 72T and it is offered for sale for $700 complete plus shipping. Items included:

Under dash plenum
    knee guards
    blower/condenser in smugglers box
    front condenser with blower/screen guard
    dryer
    rear condenser/evaporator
    York compressor/ mounting bracket
    wiring harness with relay for blower/condenser
    Old lines with fittings

The plenum is in excellent condition with one small horizontal plastic piece missing in one of the sliding vents. One knob has some cracks in the rubber surround, second one is good. Condensers seem to be good, I will test for leaks. Compressor probably needs replacing with a rotary unit, plus all the lines. Some of the fittings may be able to be used again. Dryer may need replacing or upgrading.

This is a complete system from a factory AC installation. Lines could be used to measure new lines which could be routed the same way to replicate factory installation. Email with questions or for more detailed pics.

gbmotorsport@gmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by letsrollbabe; 08-30-2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Price adjustment
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Here are a few more pics before removal, and before being cleaned up after 20 years of storage. All the vinyl is in good shape, no tears, but some needs to be reglued. The 4 bolts with bushings were not tight in these pics. The knee guards are metal covered vinyl with cork in between, and are different from the standard 72/73 style knee guards to facilitate mounting the plenum. There are no cracks in the plenum. One pic shows the blower/condenser in the smugglers box before removal. It is in excellent shape although it looks a little dirty in this picture. All the key equipment pieces are in excellent shape. The car had 58k miles.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

I have been asked about the wiring harness and relay for the system....yes, they are included plus the special coil bracket to protect the rear lid mounted condenser.

NEW PRICE $600 plust shipping.
    Last edited by letsrollbabe; 08-30-2011 at 02:46 PM.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Still available...new price $600.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

This is a steal! Ive spent over twice this much assembling the parts for my reinstall. I would like to request that the new buyer make the old hoses available for patterns after his install. Steve

email sent your way.
    Dave Pugh
    '73S #493
    RGRUPPE #627
    http://pughmedia.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by letsrollbabe View Post
    Still available...new price $600.
    if not already sold. i will take it .

my contact details are:

kaufmanp@optusnet.com.au

The AC system has been sold. Thanks.
    Gib Bosworth