Thread: One That Got Away . . .

One That Got Away . . .

. . . on The Pelican, a couple days back . . .

. . . Here's my 1970 bmw 2002.

Mostly all original,including the paint,it has been touched up here and there over the years. Interior all original,except front seats that has have been reupholstered with cloth insert in the middle.Carpet,headliner is in exceptional condition.All electricals work.Dashboard has a few cracks as usual.

California car,with clean title and current registration. Trims are in great condition.No rust in spare well (tiny bit of surface rust.) clean shocktovers (sic), nose, rockers. New windshield seals front and rear, also new trunk seal.

Engine was rebuilt by previous owner. No oil leaks, no smoke, starts rite (sic) up. Engine all original, with original air cleaner. New water pump and all vacuum and rubber hoses. Radiator has been re-cored. Alternator rebuilt.

All the chrome is present and excellent condition. It has brand new Bilsteins all around, new brake lines, new front end bushings, new transmission bushing. One engine mount is tired. It has later model alloys with brand new Sumitomo tires,also the original steel wheels with perfect chrome hubcaps and new Michelin tires.
    Car start and runs beatifully (sic). It is a daily driver,even though i dont drive it daily.

This is not a project car.Perfect for somebody who appreciates originality. Have records,manuals,service record book all stamped in. Transmission shifts great,no worn syncros.Its the original 4 speed matching number transmission. I drove it back and forth between NorCal and LA. One tank of gas is enough, no coolant loss, no overheating cruising at 80 mph at 3600 rpm all the way long.
    In city driving engine temp stays very cool, a bit above the blue level, but not even nearly close to the middle.

No radio, however a JL Audio system was installed. Powered by an amp under passanger (sic) seat an equalizer under the dash that you can hook up an ipod to.
    Loud and crystal clear (2700$ later)

Door panels were not cut for speakers. Front speakers by your feet in the corner enclosed in custom fiber glass mold and black leather wrapped.Can be easily removed.
    Car has a couple door dings here and there,but considering its age is in fntastic (sic) condition.

Sorry no blue plates,were surrendered to dmv when personalized plates were picked up.

The price is 9000$ or best offer. (higher or lower ) I rather have you call me than fill up my PM box. 818-310-1866
    the car is located in Sherman Oaks ,SoCal 91423
    will ship it on owners expense.
    Im sure i forgot some stuff,but feel free to ask.

I have a few pictures,if you need more just follow the link.Car looks way better in person.
    1970 bmw 2002 colorado pictures by oprah85 - Photobucket
    . . .

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/bmw-c...-original.html

Check-out those hub-caps. Colorado, too.

(Wish it was mine)

Ouch.

Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

I think it is "Lone" other than Tonto of course

Oh I get it as in Long Hood
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Already Sold.
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

Banned
    I've been looking for a Tii and happened across this post. 02's seem to also appeal to early 911 guys? I guess the two cultures overlap more than I thought.

Still flashing back on this one

With the way '02 prices 've been spiking the last few years, I keep hoping this one 'll turn up, again

8 years, already?

Wonder where this one 's now?

We Can Be Heroes