Thread: Wanted: Oil Filter Mount/Console

Wanted: Oil Filter Mount/Console

I'm in need of a '65-'71 Oil filter console from an oil tank. This is the piece that you actually attach your oil filter to and it bridges the gap to your oil tank. I'm in the final stages of my installation and this part is holding me back.

Here is a picture:

Does anyone have a reasonable one for sale or to spare?

Thanks,
    Mike

1967SWB@gmail.com
    or Private Message
    or 631-355-1073

I have one for you. Email jlands2 "at" online"dot"no
    John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

IBMIKED you may not be aware that that part changed in 69, the oil inlet opening into the tank is in a different location. Be very careful to line up whatever console you get to ensure the oil inlet lines up with the tank opening.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Jeez Ed, thanks. I thought that all that was different was that they inverted the console in the LWB. The PET shows just one part number to '71.....

Mike

I haven't checked PET, but I could look it up in the original parts books, but I can tell you from experience that they are different. I installed a 69-71 type front cooler thermostat on my 67S and when I started to install the 69-71 filter console onto my 67 oil tank it was obvious that the oil ports weren't going to line up, so I had to then get a 69-71 oil tank so that the ports would line up. My guess is that they changed the oil tank ports when they first made available the front cooler and thermostat for the 69 S. I suppose it's possible that the non oil thermostat console would line up, but just be AWARE to check for this what ever you get.
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Mike, I did some part book checking today, you should be okay for what you want to do. The console was the same # for 65 to 71. The oil tank changed in 69, likely because of the oil port difference, but with the standard console you could rotate it to line up the oil ports. I couldn't do that because I was using the oil thermostat console which will only fit one way, therefore I needed the later tank. Like I said above, just be sure the ports will line up.
    Last edited by edmayo; 09-05-2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: corrct date
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thanks Ed. Since I'm not installing a front cooler (yet) it seems I'm all set. I'll report back so future readers will have a definitive answer.

Thanks,
    Mike

I have one (cleaned out the barn getting ready for Ski Roundtop)
    I'll get you a pic this weekend.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen