Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok who tried baby seats in our cars?

Ok who tried baby seats in our cars?

hello to all the Daddy's out there....

anybody tried going on a sunday drive with our early 911 with the baby? how did you guys fair with a baby seat in the back...which brand and models fits in the back? ....

thanks
    Lemon

The younger they start the better they get used to

We use the Britax-Roemer Eclipse (9m - 4year).
    The only seat you can switch between modern 3-point seatbelt/isofix systems as well as 2-point belt systems (as on early 911's), losing nothing of modern safety features. Fits perfectly.

She pretty much adapted, usually we drive the 2 hours she sleeps in the back, otherwise, after half an hour its starts to be difficult...
    Last edited by 911T1971; 09-10-2011 at 11:13 AM.
    Registry member No.773

)*&*&^*^% not available in the US!

I used a Peg Perego rear facing seat when my son was little, don't recall the model but it was green and grey. Took the seat cushion and back out of the car and it worked great as long as you don't have a passenger but there were a few occasions that my wife sat there with the baby behind her. When he got older I used a modified(cut a slight taper in the base) graco with the cushion and back still removed. I have also used the Britax Marathon in the front with a sport seat.

Thumbs up

My great-niece 4 years ago....... nice face.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

My little guy has been riding in the back for a while now. It was a contingency of getting the car that the "whole family" could ride in it. The seat is an "Evenflow" model and he seems fairly comfortable in it. I anchored the tether by installing a grade 8 hardened eye bolt and large fender washer through the firewall.
    http://www.peparts.com/Detail.bok?no=76

-Kent
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

With my two boys I used, I think, Graco. If you go to a babies-r-us there are one or two manufacturers with a small base that fits in the rear jump seats. I started them small and they still think it great fun. They are 5 and 7 now.

Larry

71E Targa

20 years ago I would strap my two daughter in the rear seats of my 911 and would run in the zone 1 rallies in Vermont. They are 28 and 24 today making them 8 and 4 at the time. Lots of fun.
    We must not have been required to have child seats in the rear in new england 20 years ago,
    Last edited by Curt Hammill; 09-12-2011 at 06:47 AM.

Max likes the 'race car.'

how old is your kid? ...california has a new law ...it goes something like the kids can not be in the front seat...I think till they are like 35 ...or something like that..

and you just harnest him with the regular seat belt?...my problem is i got a 1 year old and 3.5 year old..

Lemuel Libunao
    Last edited by lemonlib; 09-11-2011 at 10:43 PM.