Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave Aase passed away

Dave Aase passed away

Tom Woodford just informed me that Dave Aase passed away this week. I know many of you, as me, have know Dave for many years. He always had that hard to find part, usually NOS, that we all needed to finish a particular project. He was so helpful to anyone who ever asked for his help finding that very hard to find part. He will be greatly missed in our Early Porsche circle.

God bless you Dave, you will be missed by many
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

So sad to hear this Eade. He was a genuinely good person and always very kind to me. One of the good guys of the Porsche community for sure. He's missed already. My heart goes out to his loved ones.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

I remember working with Dave on many occasions at his place in Orange County when I was restoring my '67 911 S. What a great wealth of information and an expert in all things 911. I will miss him and pray he is looked after (I'm confident) by our Father in heaven.

Dave Aase has been a reliable fixture in our community for two generations....... He will be missed.

Sympathy and Good thoughts to the family
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Very sorry to hear this.......I had spoken to him very long ago.......very helpful.

Does anyone have any details about services? I was a friend of Dave's in NC at the coffee shop he frequented, I tried to get in touch with him this week when he did not show up Monday. It was a real shock to read this post when I googled his name. He will be missed by his coffee friends for sure!
    Thanks

Let me tell you about Dave Aase.

First of all he is an Aase Brother. Dave was the other Bro of the 2 Bros that started it all in the OC, selling and racing Porsche cars and Used Porsche Parts. Their humble beginnings were in a Quonset Hut building (look it up) off Anaheim st. in Anaheim Ca. If you went there and saw a 908 hanging from the ceiling you knew you were at Aase Bros Porsche junk yard! As it ends up that 908 was the 908 that finished 3 meters behind the GT 40 at Lemons in 1969.

To know Dave was to love him!! But until you warmed up to him he had a problem with you even before he waited on you!! He got better with newbies later in the "Stint"! In the 80's Dave became a more loveable Dude! It was ezzie for me to get in good with Dave because I always sent my Wife (Sharon) to Aase Bros for the parts we needed to run our Porsche Business!

Later (early 90's) Dennis would drive for with us and it was always a treat to chat with Dave about what was going on in the Porsche Junk yard that day...........always cool stuff happening at Aase Bros!

I recently (well maybe a few years ago) bought a NOS 904 oil tank from Dave. He knew I restored Racing Porsche's so when ever he would find something good I got the call.

Wow you guys, Dave Aase was a "Major" part of what we all do today regarding our beloved Porsche's...........he was the "been there, done that" Dude!!

Dave will be missed by many who knew him, he sure made my Porsche Business life better and I will always be honored that I knew Dave Aase.

Dave Has 2 other Brothers that still Rule the OC..........Dennis and Randal, Randy to us older Guys. Dave was a handful at times to his Bros but I know they are having a sad moment with the loss of Big ol Dave.

R.I P. Dave Dude...

Kevin and Sharon and Family

As Eade said... He always seemed to find that NOS part no one else had and sold it for a very fair price.

Vaya Con Dios Dave
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

What a blow..I missed seeing Dave since he moved East. I knew Dave from painting racecars even before I went into the Porsche business. He was pivitol in my relationship with Werk 1. Frau Baer Adored him and all you had to say was "Dave sent me". I have dozens of stories from spending time after hours watching him work on racecars or just hanging around. Many years later, we reconnected after meeting Tom Woodford and finding out that I knew Dave from the old days..
    He is missed and there won't be another like him.
    H

RIP

One of the good guys.
    65 356SC Dolphin Gray
    66 912 Green
    69 911E Tangerine
    72 911T GP White
    72 911T Aubergine
    72 911T Lilac
    72 911S Black (voodoo)
    86 911 GP White Targa (now sons)
    90 964C4 Black Targa