View Poll Results: Rennsport or Race Car Classic on October 16th ?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rennsport IV sunday races

38 65.52%
  • Race Car Classic at Quail Lodge Resort

20 34.48%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll : Rennsport or Race Car Classic on Sunday Oct.16th ?

Poll : Rennsport or Race Car Classic on Sunday Oct.16th ?

Hi,
    The 400$ question : Does so many car will not be available at Laguna Seca to justify to not attempt the Rennsport final sunday races and paying that much money ?

I know that this type of gattering will not happen soon again, but at Rennsport III, the paddock were full of early rare cars for show.

What are you plan for Ocotber 16th ?

Can't we do both?
    65 356SC Dolphin Gray
    66 912 Green
    69 911E Tangerine
    72 911T GP White
    72 911T Aubergine
    72 911T Lilac
    72 911S Black (voodoo)
    86 911 GP White Targa (now sons)
    90 964C4 Black Targa
    94 964C2 Black Coupe
    08 GT3 Speed Yellow

I have a three day pass for Rennsport IV and a Sunday ticket to the Porsche Race Car Classic. I will attend Rennsport on Friday & Saturday but will be at the PRCC on Sunday. The latter is a once-in-a-lifetime gathering of significant Porsche race cars that will NOT (with very few exceptions) be seen at Laguna Seca. Remember PAG and PCNA are supporting PRCC too and will be providing historic cars for it from the museum in Zuffenhausen. Some VIP with the surname of 'Porsche' will be in attendance. So the factory is 100% behind the PRCC event. I can assure you that on Sunday the PAG & PCNA folks will be at the PRCC event at Quail, not at Laguna Seca, along with some of the worlds best known collectors (e.g. Jerry Seinfeld, Bob Ingram, Ranson Webster, Jack Croul, Dr. Julio Palmaz Collection, Collier Collection) and thousands of enthusiasts from all over the world! Rennsport on Sunday at Laguna Seca will feature mostly Porsche Cup & late 911 era class racing, while the first two days of Rennsport will highlight the kind of vintage race cars that will appeal to the folks that are also interested in the PRCC on Sunday. That is why I am doing that particular combination - Rennsport first on Friday & Saturday and then PRCC on Sunday!

But this is critical - most of the cars (nearly 200) to gather at PRCC at Quail Lodge will not be shown anywhere else that weekend. You can see more details about the particulars of this event here: http://www.2011porscheracecarclassic.com/event-info. $350 of the $400 admission ticket to the PRCC is fully tax-deductible and it's going to a worthwhile charity (fighting Lung Cancer). The way I see it, there will be another Rennsport in a few years - but there will never be another Porsche Race Car Classic! The latter has taken over three years to put together and it's an event that will not be duplicated in my lifetime. So if you can't afford the $400, fine. Enjoy Rennsport on Sunday. Otherwise, don't miss this unique opportunity to see this 'field of dreams' at the Porsche Race Car Classic. Saludos, z356 (Carmel)
    Last edited by Z356; 09-15-2011 at 11:31 AM.

The latter is a once-in-a-lifetime gathering of significant Porsche race cars that will NOT (with very few exceptions) be seen at Laguna Seca.
    Perhaps you can share a list of these cars [significant Porsche Race Cars not attending RR IV] with us?

johnt

John, it is my understanding that 95% (or more) of the field at the Porsche Race Car Classic at Quail Lodge will NOT be at Rennsport IV at nearby Laguna Seca. Many of these cars are from collections that normally do not put their cars at risk at a track event, whether we like it or not. And even those folks that are dedicated vintage racers, like Ranson Webster, will have many more of his 'special' cars at PCRR th an at Rennsport IV.

So there is no question that if anyone wants to see this historic gathering of Porsche race cars, which will be a unique visual & social experience, they will have to attend the PRCC on Sunday! z356

Sorry - you lost me at "$400"...

It would be nice to attend both and extremely unfortunate that this could not be a combined event. I understand RCC has been planned for years and RR just happened to fall on the same date. Plus I would have to spend money on a tweed herringbone blazer with suede elbows.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by bob tilton View Post
    Sorry - you lost me at "$400"...

It would be nice to attend both and extremely unfortunate that this could not be a combined event. I understand RCC has been planned for years and RR just happened to fall on the same date. Plus I would have to spend money on a tweed herringbone blazer with suede elbows.
    I'll bring my suede elbowed jacket with me from Indiana. You're welcome to borrow it.
    1969 912 tangerine coupe 82K original miles
    1974 911 red targa 71K original miles

Tom Michelsen
    Central Coast Heaven

Shell Beach, California

If 95% of the cars at Quail Lodge aren't going to be at RR IV, certainly you could list a few of them.....

thanks

johnt

+1 to ths post
    1969 912 tangerine coupe 82K original miles
    1974 911 red targa 71K original miles

Tom Michelsen
    Central Coast Heaven

Shell Beach, California

Quote Originally Posted by bob tilton View Post
    It would be nice to attend both and extremely unfortunate that this could not be a combined event. I understand RCC has been planned for years and RR just happened to fall on the same date.
    Believe it or not, it is a combined event! It was because of the Porsche Race Car Classic on Oct 16th that PAG and PCNA decided to scheduled Rennsport IV in the West Coast this time around. I understand perfectly well about the $400. It was not my decision, nor would I have recommended such an elevated ticket price. But it is what it is. You can borrow one of my blue blazers to attend if you want...for free! z356