Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gauging interest Recaro Sliders lower parts

Gauging interest Recaro Sliders lower parts

Hello, after seeing this I am thinking about a reproduction of these Parts as I need two pairs for myself.

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  45.0 KB

I have not yet an idea about the price, but I know whom to contact for a good quality repro for parts like that. It is a company that made similar furniture fittings for decades.
    Parts would be marked irreversible at a certian spot to distinguish them from originals.
    I have made a doodle Chart to where you can fill in your need. Prices will be in Euro. Shipping will have to be discussed, perhaps there is the possibility of a consolidated shipping to the US.
    Cheers Uli
    Last edited by uai; 09-19-2011 at 12:16 AM.

I've looked at that myself a while back and as far as I have been able to establish, the bottom sliders of the SWB seat are actualy the same shape. So using that as a start for the Recaro slider, would probably be a lot more cost effective. To have the U shaped piece fabricated with the drilled mounting holes should be straight forward. All that is left then is to spot well it on the original slider, make slots on one of the sliders and have them sinc soated again.
    Can someone confirm?
    =========================================
    2.4T 1972 Targa - Tangerine German Delivery Ölklappe
    2.4T 1973 Coupe - Golden Green 911ST with 2.8 MFI TwinPlug
    1.7 1970 914-4 - Hell Elfenbein Weiss to be Sonauto GT with a Six
    Looking for engine #6522576
    Rgruppe #674

Quote Originally Posted by 911_2.2T View Post
    I've looked at that myself a while back and as far as I have been able to establish, the bottom sliders of the SWB seat are actualy the same shape. So using that as a start for the Recaro slider, would probably be a lot more cost effective. To have the U shaped piece fabricated with the drilled mounting holes should be straight forward. All that is left then is to spot well it on the original slider, make slots on one of the sliders and have them sinc soated again.
    Can someone confirm?
    The sport seat U is different from regular SWB. The sport seat is more like the shape a tire sits on a rim. It has an extra bend / support to it on both sides.

Just my $.02

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by 911_2.2T View Post
    Can someone confirm?
    No, I can't (as I don't have swb sliders), but dimensions are 28mm width and 16mm height.
    But if this will fit changing swb sliders will probably be the easy way.
    Uli
    Name:  P1120052_800x600.JPG
Views: 788
Size:  85.2 KBName:  P1120050_800x600.JPG
Views: 801
Size:  100.7 KB

The regular SWB lower slider does not have the same profile as the sport seat lower slider although it will work.

agreed....I'd be up for a set, if it was everything I need, the sliders with latches and hardware.
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

How about these... from my 68 Recaro Sport Seat.... for sale $2500 complete seat w/tilt

I would copy the sliders and tilts but my workshop is not yet finished. Should I keep the seat or finish the roof?

Glad I have no wife to explain this to.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by VintageExcellen; 09-19-2011 at 07:24 AM.

I investigated having these fabricated here in the UK but the costs involved were prohibitive so I would certainly be interested in several sets if you are able to get them produced for a realistic cost.

Good luck !
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Sliders and such

Keep several things in mind. First of all these items are a very important Safety feature of the seat, you don't want it to break in an accident and have the driver or pass and the seat going through the windschield. Big liability problem. Second, some countries may have regulations concerning seats and accessories. Third, you need more than just the pieces you are talking about to mount the seats, and all the pieces are hard to find. You need cross braces, or a whole complicated tilt arrangement, the handle side of the slider with locking arrangement, the other side of the seat with the plain slider. I just bought an RSR seat to get the sliders so I could try and copy it? Some pictures attached
    for what I am looking for. These may be more or less complicated than what others are going to need. Also maybe its not necessary to provide a total system?
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike curnow View Post
    Keep several things in mind. First of all these items are a very important Safety feature of the seat, you don't want it to break in an accident and have the driver or pass and the seat going through the windschield. Big liability problem. Second, some countries may have regulations concerning seats and accessories.
    Sure, the standard Recaro Seat consoles have been made of St50 in the past.
    I would use St50 instead of the usual St37 or St1204 for the sliders as well. (I know somebody who manufactured consoles for recaro in the 80s - so some Information about the stuff (as well as 5 tons of the NOS 5x25 console material) is assured).
    Thanks for the hint.
    So it will be made to OEM spec. But let's first get a quote - perhaps it'll be not possible to manufacture to a reasonable price.

Uli
    Last edited by uai; 09-19-2011 at 10:42 AM.