Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Congrats John Manning

Thumbs up Congrats John Manning

Last edited by a911s; 05-30-2019 at 05:25 PM.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Absolutely!...I'm in the middle of the article as we speak, and I was drooling over it when John was whipping it around California Speedway just recently....Slate Grey and Dark Red...are you kidding?...SMM (Sexy Mean Machine)!.../ Lars...
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

Thanks Randy, that's a beautiful shot. I remember you telling me it would be a good shot with the bicycle in the frame, you were right! I just ran in the 1:40"s (well a 1:49" but that counts!) at Fontana (CA Speedway) this past weekend with the POC. The car is fast and I'm starting to get the hang of extracting some serious speed from the old girl. Hard to believe the base car is 41 years old.

Scope Creep Poster Child
    Glad to see this post. Nice car.

Randy-
    You mention in the article that the car has reproduction Biodes. Where do those come from?
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Clarke View Post
    Glad to see this post. Nice car.

Randy-
    You mention in the article that the car has reproduction Biodes. Where do those come from?
    I actually had a real set, but Colin suggested I get the new "repros" for better results. He was right. Contact Colin at Cantrell Motorsports in Kirkland, WA and he can hook you up. John

PS: If anyone wants to hear what it sounds like, here is some footage from this weekend at Fontana.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKVYFQQYCFs

Who is it on the bike?
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

John -

You may be glad to know your car has been in part credited for my ride down the slippey(sic) slope! Look forward to racing you!
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

9110220587 - 1973 RSR revival in progress
    My Car Thread: "Five-Eighty-Seven..."
    “If it isn't there, it didn't cost anything, it doesn't weigh anything and can't break." - From the philosophy of Grady Clay

Quote Originally Posted by Flieger View Post
    Who is it on the bike?
    That's my 18 year old wife. I make her ride the bike to keep in shape Max.

But, I get mad when she rides so close to the car....

Quote Originally Posted by YTNUKLR View Post
    John -

You may be glad to know your car has been in part credited for my ride down the slippey(sic) slope! Look forward to racing you!
    Good luck on your project! It is a lot of fun sourcing parts, meeting fellow collectors, and of course the track events. It will be about a year before they let me go wheel to wheel racing in the POC (if ever haha), but that's my goal!