Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price check - what will the current market wear - sports seats

Price check - what will the current market wear - sports seats

Hi Guys , looking to ebay list a set of 1972 sports seats in original condition with double locker bases . what do you think the current market will ware ? ( condition 6/10)
    John Gausden
    Auckland, New Zealand

(shipping carson,CA)
    Early911nz.org
    ST-Classic.com
    ST-Classic Facebook
    "Funding my obsession one nut at a time"

a few pic's
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    John Gausden
    Auckland, New Zealand

(shipping carson,CA)
    Early911nz.org
    ST-Classic.com
    ST-Classic Facebook
    "Funding my obsession one nut at a time"

In Germany with some time to search you'd be able to get them between 1600-2100 Euros - depending how soon you want them.
    Not too long ago a single sold w/o Headrest for 400 Euros on ebay - but 600-800 are more common.
    Seat bases are difficult - only replicas have a definite price, can't put a price on originals as there are not too much on the market to fix an average price.
    After looking again at the pictures I'd say that it might need up to 2500 for the pair as they are not necessarily in need of a total recover.
    Last edited by uai; 09-28-2011 at 11:25 PM.

A seat is 800€ from Freisinger ( who is the most expensive) , on ebay between 400 and 700€ a console is between 350 to 500€!
    Porsche 911 S 1971 Kremer race car

Quote Originally Posted by 911r67 View Post
    A seat is 800€ from Freisinger ( who is the most expensive) , on ebay between 400 and 700€ a console is between 350 to 500€!
    For period Recaro Sport Seats ? This would be a steal.
    Elevenparts and Edmond Harris have prices uai mentioned.
    Registry member No.773

agreed with what others have said, but the conversion to US dollars and the vague value of the tilt mounts with sliders can make for a large discrepancy.

My suggestion is +/- $5000 for the seats, with correct tilt mounts and correct sliders, especially considering they are double lockers.

Lewis
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

Those are really pretty much cores to most guys... usable in the interim I guess. $4000 would probably more appropriate here in the USA. If the drivers side was better you could get up to $5000 if the seat patina matched the interior for a guy who was looking to maintain originality. You could cut up a couple of 72/73 old seat covers (backs) and use them to patch these originals to keep the patina, I'm sure there's a few guys here who might want them, and Tony can do the work if they come to the USA. Offer them here first when you figure out a price... Note that shipping these from Australia to anywhere isn't going to be cheap though...

e

Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    For period Recaro Sport Seats ? This would be a steal.
    Elevenparts and Edmond Harris have prices uai mentioned.
    Yes, here you can get a f***ed up seat for around 400.- to 800.- € but if they're in unmolested original Leather and usable Condition prices may be 1200€-1400€ ea. too.
    If you add new foam (300€) , new belts (30€), recovering in leatherette/basketweave or leatherette/cloth incl. Headrest (500-600€), new screws (20€), seat structure powdercoated (100€) and Repro seatbase (350). You are doing the maths easy at 2000.- Euros / each for a restored seat.

I bought mine for 350€/pair but there was still a car attached to them - and you needed to see them on this pic.Name:  BW6ldIwB2kKGrHgoOKjsEjlLmUU31BKZp-7hqbg_14.JPG
Views: 367
Size:  1.3 KB
    Finished including material and work they were ca. 2000 € w/o headrest as I deleted them during upholstering.

Uli
    Last edited by uai; 09-29-2011 at 07:00 AM.

John,

They look like the proper vinyl for 72-73. Bonus for 72-73 originality. If so, I'll go out on a limb and state that the headrests are wrong for them then. Should be the peanut style with matching vinyl. If the seats are leather, then the headrests are correct. I also don't see the double lock mechanism on the one pic with the seat tilted. Double lock mechs are highly desirable for the 73 guys and improve the value in my mind as they are more rare.

I'm going to hop on the 4k bandwagon. With the exception of that one bolster, they look like they would clean up nicely.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Hi,

Bases are correct for 72. 72s have the extra tab for the twin locker but they remain used until the 73 model year. Headrest also look correct to me.
    Price dependant I am interested in buying them for a resto car we have in right now. Condition not important as we will re-trim them.

HTH

Alab