Thread: 960035

I saw this very early S case on the samba.
    http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...php?id=1197096

No affiliation.

Richard

Not sure of the value of the EMPI parts, but the case might be worth a good bit.

I got a reply on the build # : 5322 from the looks of it.

Quick response from the seller.
    Last edited by davep; 09-29-2011 at 11:28 AM. Reason: update
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Hi

I have the same empi kit on my matching 1965, fitted in early 1970`s it runs like a canonball, a lovely short stroke engine.

Lars
    Last edited by lars1965; 09-30-2011 at 04:34 AM.

Lars, do you know what type of compression those EMPIs yield?

Those EMPI pistons are very cool. Along with the compression, what CC motor results from using these pistons? I assume HP would move to 180-190 territory.

If I did the math correctly, displacement with the 88mm EMPIs should be a hair above 2.4 The 89mm Mahle's made 2.5 (hair under).

EMPI 88mm: 2408.5 cc
    Mahle 89mm: 2463.6 cc
    Last edited by Bill Simmeth; 09-29-2011 at 10:34 AM. Reason: added more detail

Hi

I`m not sure about the compression but the dynotest says 182 HP on the rear wheels and 215NM at 4200 rpm,
    I will be back with new numbers when my rebuilded solex pI 40 is fitted, they got 34 mm venturi, drilled to 42mm, and 42 mm buttefly. Hope to gaine about 10 hp

rg.Lars

Hi again

Wonder if the cylinder also is empi, they must have empi logo stamped into the outside wall. My cylinder have this stamp, and they have also 1 ekstra cooling "ring" compared to the original biral porsche cylinder.

Lars

Lars, that sounds like a terrific motor!

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183