Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Recommendations for things to do & see in Ca

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Weidman View Post
    Has anybody seen Andy? He was going to stop by this week and I haven't seen him since RRIV.
    H.
    Harvey, you have a PM

JZG
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Weidman View Post
    Has anybody seen Andy? He was going to stop by this week and I haven't seen him since RRIV.
    H.
    Don't worry Harvey - I haven't forgotten you ! Plan is to call in early next week ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    We did get a cup of coffee, though (gnat's pi$$, as Andy would describe it ).
    - forgot to thank you for the coffee Marco ! ... well, you did ask me what I thought of it !!

No problem about carrying on working - your dad kept me entertained !
    Last edited by andyjboy; 10-22-2011 at 07:29 PM.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Having just got back to the UK after my California trip a couple of days ago I thought I ought to update this thread.

Had a great time at RRIV (took over 600 photos !) & met lots of Early S & R Gruppe members at the Hyatt - & missed/didn't meet many more (sorry). Special thanks to Bob T for looking after me & letting me ride 'shotgun' to & from the track.

After Rennsport I followed advice given on this thread & drove Hwy 1 down the coast stopping as/where I wanted - that road has to be one of the best that I've travelled anywhere in the world in terms of constant jaw-dropping scenery !

When I got to LA I called in to TLG to see Tony/Marco where Tony gave me the guided tour & kept me entertained with amusing stories while Marco worked his b***s off (big grin !) servicing the brakes on a customer's 996 ...

I then called in to North Hollywood Speedo who've done many gauges for me over the years & had a tour of their set-up.

I had planned to visit TRE as well but ran out of time unfortunately ...

I then retraced my earlier route by travelling back up Hwy 1 stopping at several more beaches on the way to San Francisco where I did some of more of your recommendations - driving the Golden Gate Bridge & visiting Sausalito & Tilburon.

John Goriup very generously offered to chauffeur me around one day, picking me up from my hotel & dropping me back 12 hours later ! We started off by visiting Jim/John at EASY in Emereyville, walked up the road to Fantasy Junction, then drove up to Oroville to visit Harvey W for a few hours before returning to SF - thank you John.

Finally, on the night before returning, I met up with a few Early S/R Gruppe members for some beers (organised by Bob T) - a great finale for a fantastic trip !

Thanks to everyone who made my trip to California so special (& apologies to those that I tried to find but failed) - I have a feeling I may be back in the not too distant future ...
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105