Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fs - '70e

Scope Creep Poster Child

Fs - '70e

I thought this day would never come, but it has become apparent that I need to sell my 1970 911E. This car has been mine for 10 years, and there is very little that I have not repaired, replaced, modified, or restored. Instead of including all of the tedious details here, I have created a PDF that I am happy to send to interested parties. If the brief description below doesn't do it for you, please email for the PDF, which enumerates all that I have done, or at least what I remember that I've done.
    This is a '70E sunroof coupe, repainted in its original Burgundy by the previous owner. Odometer is showing 80,000 miles, which I think is close to correct, but don't have much documentation from previous owners. I rebuilt the motor. It's a short stroke 2.5 with JE pistons, single plug, E cams, S ports, and the original MFI with Matt Blast enlarged throttle bodies (S spec). It has a late 7R case. I have the original number-matching case which is included with the sale. I rebuilt the number-matching gearbox with AFMSX gearing. Virtually every mechanical component has been renewed. Paint is certainly driver, and not show, quality. Fenders have not been rolled. Many suspension upgrades using Elephant Racing components and new sports purpose interior including Vintage Seats model "RS." All work completed within the last 9000 miles. A blast to drive, handles well, and sounds great. $39,000 O.B.O. Car can be seen at Rennsport Reunion in the Porsche parking corral, R Gruppe section, 10/14, 10/15, and 10/16. Please email or PM for more info, phone number, and the PDF.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

Again, the eerie silence ! You all know what that means !

1971 911T Irish Green
    Totally agree - maybe it is already sold. Quite different than the 67S for 90 or 90K that is put up for sale with dissonance on the disclosure of the car.

By the sound of silence it looks like someone else may be driving it to Rennsport. GLWS.
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

What is going ON ! Today has been the craziest day.

There is a shooter on the loose in Cupertino, my boss just resigned, Steve Jobs passed away and now you sell this car... what is the world coming to
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

9110220587 - 1973 RSR revival in progress
    My Car Thread: "Five-Eighty-Seven..."
    “If it isn't there, it didn't cost anything, it doesn't weigh anything and can't break." - From the philosophy of Grady Clay

Scope Creep Poster Child
    Thanks for all of your positive thoughts. It's not a day I'll forget soon.
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

Scope Creep Poster Child
    Pre-Rennsport bump. The car's ready to go and will be headed south in 24 hours. Hope to see you all there!
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

Paid Member # 1991
    Quote Originally Posted by JBQuick View Post
    Again, the eerie silence ! You all know what that means !
    OK. Perhaps the village idiot question. I wondered last week and considered asking when this was first posted. I can resist no longer: What does the eerie silence mean?

1) Overpriced?? Not terribly, if at all. And certainly not compared to numerous other offerings. And, the customary OBO clause is stated.
    2) Nothing to critique? C'mon, I know this crowd better than that.
    3) Already sold? Apparently not.

- MR

Eerie silence: buyers not commenting to divulge their interest....
    -Jim

'72 911T
    '02 B5 S4 (RS4 Clone)
    '12 997.2 Turbo Manual
    '19 B9 RS5 (Daily)

^ so true. The name of the game is who PMs first rather than post.

Really nice car btw