Thread: Scarsdale NY Concours

Scarsdale NY Concours

The village of Scarsdale in NY has an annual car show that attracts a rather eclectic group of cars. Since it's my home town I attended where I met some individuals who up til then were just user names here on the board. I was too busy talking to take many pictures but here are the cars that caught my eye. Note especially the 1967 911S with Sport Kit 2. All original paint but for one fender, and owned by a very personable gent from NJ. Hearing it run was the best experience of the day. The Maserati 350S was had me panting like a dog and the yellow Ferrari Daytona and Chairs and Flares Dino stood out amongst the Ferraris. A red 275 GTB/6C Alloy was also in attendance. But my favorite among all the cars was the 1950 Vignale bodied Abarth, looking much like a 2/3 scale Ferrari.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    1968 Coupe
    901/10 with 2.2 Ps and Cs
    Webers
    911/01
    7s on all corners
    Now Sold

More Photos from Scarsdale

Though I'm not a fan of modern cars the Fiat 500 Abarth was very cool. As was the Ford GT with LeMans livery.
    1968 Coupe
    Webers
    911/01
    7s on all corners
    Now Sold

Last few photos

The Metallic Blue 71 911S belongs to Yale who posts here. Finally as we are close to Halloween I had to include the Orange Miura S. A car that in my youth I abhored, what can I say I was a Ferrarista, but have come to really appreciate. Hope you enjoy viewing them.
    1968 Coupe
    Webers
    911/01
    7s on all corners
    Now Sold

What a nice selection of cars Peter, I wasn't aware of this event at all. Maybe next year a bunch of us should make the trip over to visit your area

TimG
    Tim G

Early S Reg #1017
    RGruppe #663

73 911T 3.2
    00 Ducati 996 Track Rat
    01 Ducati S4 Monster

Hi Tim. I posted info in the New York area of the Regional Forum. It's a great event, more of a cars and coffee than a serious concours. The awards are more of a judges choice than a real judging a al PCA standards. We have some nice local roads as well. I'll make sure to keep everybody up on next year's show.

Here are some professional shots of the show. I'm flattered that my car is shown 3 times. I guess the photographer likes hot rod 911s

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carterk...7627910318206/
    1968 Coupe
    Webers
    911/01
    7s on all corners
    Now Sold

I went to the event in the morning, and saw Peter's car, which is a real beauty. Peter, it was a pleasure meeting you and your boys, adn hopefully you will make the Cold Toes tour. There were some nice cars there and it was all for a good cause.
    Yale, I was probably gone by the time you arrived - next time. Wold have been nice to see Curt's old car on the east coast.
    I liked the Citroen, and the Miura, as well as the Cn'F Dino. There was a lot to like. And a beautiful day.
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Thanks Karl. I had a lot of compliments that day. Here are some shots of my car taken by the event photographer Carter Kramer.
    1968 Coupe
    Webers
    911/01
    7s on all corners
    Now Sold