Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchase of the Vintage Seats business

Purchase of the Vintage Seats business

Hey All,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I now officially own the Vintage Seats business as of October 29, 2011.
    I just picked up all the molds, inventory and other items related to the Vintage Seat business. That will be another story to tell about driving through the NE snow storm (300 miles took 13 hours!), to not finding hotel rooms in NJ and PA and then having a truck breakdown and replacement truck sent out (7 hours breakdown) in Natural Bridge, VA.

The web site will be redone over the next few weeks. It's - http://www.vintageseats.com/seats.htm

It'll be run as a business so you can expect great service from me regarding any seat purchases.
    I have molds on seats that were never even advertised on their current web site. As I go forward with a new redesigned web site, I'll be adding info to the web site. If anyone on this board has Vintage Seats installed in their car, I'd love pictures and maybe a testimonial on them.

I can tell you that Vintage Seats are 100% made in the USA. The quality reputation Vintage Seats has built up with correct reproductions and quality upholstered work will stay the same. There have been issues with the old owners not servicing the business correctly with returning emails/calls, but I can say this won't be the case anymore.

I look forward to this challenge and serving the Porsche community.

For the time being I have a temporary email account for Vintage seats - vintageseats@gmail.com
    A new email will be made up shortly as will new telephone contact numbers.

The business will be run out of Atlanta, GA.

I'm planning some other additional products over the coming months also.

For those of you who don't know me, Im an Early S registry member, A RGruppe member/officer/director, 356 Registry member and PCA member.

Cheers,

Michael Eberhardt
    Vintage Seat Owner
    Last edited by VintageSeats; 11-02-2011 at 08:11 PM.

Will you be making the 914 GT seats that Mark made even before he bought VintageSeats ?

I have one of Marks and need another,
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by JKH; 11-02-2011 at 12:05 PM.
    Jeff H.
    72 911
    914-6 GT

Congrats on the new endeavor Michael. Looking foreword to seeing your seats out there.

-kent
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Michael

Congrats on the new business venture. Everyone can look forward to some great product and excellent customer service. Well done and good luck. It's great that we are seeing high quality parts from high quality people (e, Michael and others) for our old cars. Awesome.

Best of Luck

Nick
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Great! I have an ST seat in my 914/6 GT (bought back when Peter Zwinakis owned it and upholstured by Agustin at Autos International). It has served well on and off the track.
    '61 356B Super 90 Cabriolet
    '67 911S Coupe
    '70 914/6 GT

This is great news... like Jeff, I want a 914/6 GT seat. In fact, two!
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Good luck Michael....Peter made me a pair of seats years ago and they were great!
    Todd
    '71T 3.2 Spec 911 #806
    '69 BMW E9 Coupe

Michael , good luck with new venture, i will be placing an order soon.
    San

53 Pre A, 65 356
    70 914/6 GT
    65 912, 67 911
    71 911 Targa,72 E Tara, 73 911 Targa
    70 911 S,71 911 S,70 911 T,
    71 911 T, 72 911 E ,73 911 T
    74 911 Coupe
    74 911 Targa
    1972 RennSport Bus

Early Reg # 771

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    I have a pair of the Peter Z version of the R types.
    I had always wanted to see the operation when it was in Newburyport but never managed to get there even though it was close by.....

I was never clear on how the earlier version was different than the later ones - I had heard they were anyhow but have never seen the later ones.
    Is there a difference that you know of ?

Good luck.
    I am quite happy with mine.

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

Thanks all for the PM's, emails and board messages.

To answer the questions asked - I can offer the 914-6 GT seat. It wont be for a while though.
    Its a complicated seat and I need to get my pricing on it worked out. I'll let you guys that asked know when I will be able to make it.

John- As far as I know from Carrie and Mark the seats Peter Z made were the same as the ones Carrie and Mark made. The shells came from the same shop off the same molds.

Im getting things setup at present and hope to be taking orders in a month or so.

I'll keep an active eye on the boards here and will be happy to answer questions or help in any way possible.
    Michael
    Vintage Seats Owner
    http://www.vintageseats.com

Correct Porsche 911 ST, RSR, RS, R, 356GT and 914-6 GT seats.