Thread: differences between 2.7 RS MFI and 2.4 S MFI

differences between 2.7 RS MFI and 2.4 S MFI

Does anyone knows the difference between those two kugelfisher injection system,they where the same or are not?

pacorron,

They were not Kugelfisher pumps but Bosch... The only difference I know of between the the 013 and 021 2.4S Bosch MFI pumps and the 019 2.7 RS Bosch MFI pump was in their internal fuel distribution 3 dimensional 'space cam'

Hope this helps
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    pacorron,

They were not Kugelfisher pumps but Bosch... The only difference I know of between the the 013 and 021 2.4S Bosch MFI pumps and the 019 2.7 RS Bosch MFI pump was in their internal fuel distribution 3 dimensional 'space cam'

Hope this helps
    I helps a lot, Thnaks but as long as I know is the same thing with different names (wilkipedia says) Kugelfischer is the name for a mechanical (jerk-type) fuel injection pump. It was produced by FAG Kugelfischer and later by Robert Bosch GmbH derived from diesel pumps from the early 1960s, the Kugelfischer system was the most widely-adopted mechanical injection pump for performance vehicles. It was among the first units with manufacturer-customizable fuel delivery maps which used rpm, throttle position, temperature, and sometimes barometric pressure as inputs. This was accomplished mechanically, not electronically.
    Attending to this in late seventies in Spain some of the Porsche speciallys used diesel mecedes-benz 6 cylinder Bosch jerk type pumps, tuned internally to give same cubic capacity at minute as Rennsport ones, does anyone knows if someone knows to do that, it was maybe the cheapest way to have a expensive big pump Kugelfisher see http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...#ht_923wt_1185, for a reasonable price this one in ebay listed at 21.000 USD is very similar to the mercedes diesel refered.

member #1515
    That pump was specific to the 954 rally car. The earlier Mercedes used the Bosch pumps similar to the ones on Porsches. BMW used Kugelfischer pumps and not Bosch.
    I have a 6.3 1972 Mercedes and the pump is externally the same as on my 73 Porsche except that it is 8cyl. not six. You can get a Bosch pump for quite a bit less than 21,000. I've seen them for a couple of grand. A rebuild here in the states runs about 1200dls.
    I'm sure the diesel pumps are similar but all the metering elements are different.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs