Thread: SWB fog/hazard/heater blanking plug

SWB fog/hazard/heater blanking plug

Anyone have one of the black blanking plugs I can buy for the hazard/fog/heater switch area? I can't find anyplace to supply them new.

Thanks,
    Mike F.

Mike, when I had to do that I went to my local friendly Ace hardware store who has a fantastic assortment of odds and ends and found a plastic plug very SIMILAR (but not perfect) that I was able to use. Unless it was pointed out to someone the difference was not all that noticeable.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Ed, in the loose hardware section? Thanks for the tip!

Yes, my Ace store has rows and rows of bins with everything from metric hardware to clips to hold on your wagon wheels,,,and everything in between! I like to just go in and look at stuff just so I know what they have when I do need some oddball wigit.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

What are you blanking?

Not the hazard.
    Not the fogs.
    Webasto?
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

I have one blank on the far right already, then I have hazard in center, and fogs on left. As you know from the fog thread, my fogs appear to be "added on". So I am going to remove the switch, the added on fog wiring, and the fog lights. Then I'm going to add H4's to replace the sugar scoops.

I was inspired by the "chapulin grun" thread, love the stripped down purposeful look. I don't use the fogs anyways. But I do use the headlights!

Oh, and Ed, I am the same....I go in Ace and ponder through all the misc hardware to store it in the memory banks for future projects.