Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: look what followed me home today..

Loud lederhosen saves lives hoffman912's Avatar

look what followed me home today..

well i found something too good to pass up. now just gotta figure what to do with it. its a project for sure.

67 912 coupe,
    vin 461 255
    paint 63-6602-L (polo red)

the bad..
    -1.7 type 4 engine. no tin..
    -needs a front pan
    -the floor, and rear seat area is fiberglassed together. you can see the fibers sticking out of the rear seat area like stuffing coming out of a pillow with its seams torn. it has more glass in the bottom than a chris craft. it is not safe to jack up by the jack stands. i had -to jack it up with a board under the engine to get the fuchs off to verify they are original.
    -dash was cut for a modern radio to go in
    -one deep dent above the drivers side tail light, but not horrible
    -horn grills blacked out.. not a big deal at all though.. can be easily replaced.

the pros..
    -five original 4.5x15 inch fuchs.
    -wooden steering wheel.
    -wooden shift knob
    -body has dents and dings, but seems very original and not like it is full of bondo.
    -original grill is very complete and very straight (i dont think i have seen them this straight!)
    -low back seats with original early head rests (356 style) -but only has one headrest though. the other is missing.
    -two fog light switches in the dash? (but no fog lights -odd!)
    -no speaker holes in the door panels
    -aftermarket antenna on the right side (which means it originally had an electric antenna. -This sucker was optioned out! only thing its missing would be AC and an outside temp gauge).
    -original Durant mirror on drivers side, passenger side is untouched
    -dash has no cracks, but i think its been recovered (or vinyl is coming off).
    -original rain tray
    -original hood badge
    -while the body has some dents and dings, the body gaps and fitment is good. doors shut straight, hood shuts straight, fenders, bumper and hood all have good fitment.
    -doors, fenders, rockers (top at least) seem to be very solid and not rotted at all.

so now what to do with it. my original idea was a parts car. there are a few things i want and need, and somethings i was going to sell.

however, with how complete it is, it might be worth saving for someone looking for a 912 resto or an engine swap to an early 911, especially if someone is looking for all these rare parts. it needs a total strip down and new floors, rear seats, rear deck and front pan though. the rest of the body is solid from what i can tell though. no rust on the bottoms of doors or fenders.

pics below.. sorry taken with an iphone.

Last edited by hoffman912; 11-13-2011 at 08:38 PM.
    Harry Hoffman
    1968 912 #3656, burgundy red 'Fritz'. Some mods..
    912 Registry charter member #912R0195-C
    Early 911S Registry Member #2070
    356 Registry Member #36691

http://hoffman912.blogspot.com/

i tried, but the pedal linkage bent when i tried to back out of his drive way. there was no way i could drive it 4 hours back home even if i spent time trying to fix it. it was another bargaining chip.. though
    Harry Hoffman

I am sure you will make your $$ back with those nice original Fuchs. Great find overall.
    Steve Var.
    66 Fulvia
    72 914

Second in line for the muffler tip!
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Are you selling it ? Or parting it out ?
    I would be interested in ton of parts or whole car ( have no need for : interior, engine, suspention, tank , wheels )..

Let me know . Interested.

Gytis
    1967 911 matching numbers car ( sold )
    1968 911T/R #0805 (SONDERWUNCH AUSSERH DER M.LISTE NR184****) SOLD
    1969 911E MFI matching ALL numbers SOLD
    1981 911 Target 4K ( SHIFT trip-Nürburgring-SPA and SOLD )
    1986 930 "Carnivore" ( "while I'm there" mode )

The front bumper guards look good...do they have the chrome fillers on the backs? This car is like a Christmas tree with all the good stuff hanging on it!

The front bumper guards look good...do they have the chrome fillers on the backs?
    They do! what would those be worth?

Are you selling it ? Or parting it out ?
    I would be interested in ton of parts or whole car ( have no need for : interior, engine, suspention, tank , wheels )..
    i am leaning towards parting it all out. I can work with you on package deals though.

first things first. i have to figure out what to do about the chasis. I have the title.. it will be a PITA to title it only because i have to take it and have it inspected by the DMV.. so that means renting a trailer etc. I am going to call around to see if the title has to be transferred to my name to take it in for scrap, or if i just possess the title is that ok.. I want to have all of the legal stuff in the clear before i start stripping it down.

the second thing i need to do is get it on jack stands and lifted up in a very safe manner to where i can get the wheels, suspension, brakes etc etc off with out it falling apart or falling on me.
    Harry Hoffman

next in line for muffler tip....

Hi Harry,

Not to seem like a vulture circling, but I need a set of nice interior door panels if these fit the bill. I'd also like to be considered first in line for tHe horn butterfly should you decide to part out the car.

Best of luck,
    Mike

I decided I don't want the muffler tip, I did some research and found out it was not original to an early 911. joelrkaplan can have my spot. Hope this doesn't mess you up with deciding to part out the car.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!